440cc injectors

c_vang

supraguy
Mar 25, 2007
Michigan
I was just wondering if I put a set of jdm 2jz 440cc injectors on my 1jz how much power and boost until I max out these 440's. Supported mods are S-AFC II, Aeromotive fuel pressure regulators, 255 pump, 3in intercooler and also piping, full 3in exhaust, HKS electronic boost controller, and a gt4067R? Any help would be great thanks.

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
With those injectors I'd run 350-400 RWHP (on a good tune). As for boost, that all depends on your tuner. You want to keep within safe limits of injector duty cycle (typically 80-90%). I'd get a wideband A/F so that you can monitor your A/F ratio as you drive, especially under boost. You want to be around 11.5:1 on your A/F while boosting to keep it safe and 14.7 while cruising.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
honestabe;1252013 said:
Hey guys you should move your negotiation to PM's. Adam

This. Good luck either way, but take it to pms or the For Sale section. Thanks, Jay

877m

Feb 10, 2009
Lewiston, NY
you dont really want to run too much over 18 pounds of boost on 440s that what the 7mgtes have and you can run about 18 and anything over that u run the risk or leaning it out but if u have alot of supporting mods that ad power of increase airflow i would stay aroung 16

Blind Drifter

Apr 7, 2008
South Florida
877m;1252619 said:
you dont really want to run too much over 18 pounds of boost on 440s that what the 7mgtes have and you can run about 18 and anything over that u run the risk or leaning it out but if u have alot of supporting mods that ad power of increase airflow i would stay aroung 16

Its best not to say "dont run over such and such psi" every turbo is different and will flow different CFMs. Horsepower wise is more accurate....

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
pmpdaddyt;1252997 said:
this is a newb question but up to what size injectors can u run before u need to change the fuel rail and fuel pump?

fuel pump wise, you should change it right away, it helps so you don't run lean in the high rpms. it would be pretty much like the 7mgte. for the injectors i was told anything more than 550s is recommended to be changed but i've seen people run 680s up to 880s on the stock fuel rail if it is modded so there is two places for fuel to enter.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Blind Drifter;1253590 said:
Its best not to say "dont run over such and such psi" every turbo is different and will flow different CFMs. Horsepower wise is more accurate....

Bull shit, try A/F ratio for accuracy. "Horsepower wise" doesn't mean shit

877m

Feb 10, 2009
Lewiston, NY
Blind Drifter;1253590 said:

really? i j ust figured if your running 18psi its 18 psi but i guess that makes sence thas kinda why i say depending on your supporting mods thanks for the tip though

Last edited:

877m

Feb 10, 2009
Lewiston, NY
pmpdaddyt;1252997 said:
this is a newb question but up to what size injectors can u run before u need to change the fuel rail and fuel pump?

that sreally not a bad question because alot of people think just craming in injectors of a bigger turbo is going to make them wicked fast no you need to support every thing you do. a mean yea ok u can throw a big turbo on your car and big ingectors but if u dont have a fuel pump to keep up or a way to deliver enough fuel. you going to have a nice big turbo on a blown motor. but i personaly thing thats a good question

pmpdaddyt

No sup, just Soarer
Jul 14, 2008
Maryland
877m;1257408 said:
that sreally not a bad question because alot of people think just craming in injectors of a bigger turbo is going to make them wicked fast no you need to support every thing you do. a mean yea ok u can throw a big turbo on your car and big ingectors but if u dont have a fuel pump to keep up or a way to deliver enough fuel. you going to have a nice big turbo on a blown motor. but i personaly thing thats a good question

yeah, i realize that now. lol. i've been shopping around for a new fuel pump the last few days.

877m

Feb 10, 2009
Lewiston, NY
pmpdaddyt;1258015 said:
yeah, i realize that now. lol. i've been shopping around for a new fuel pump the last few days.

horsepowerfreaks.com has a walbero highflow for like 100 bucks with a install kit