gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
935motorsports;1349139 said:
I'm advanced +2 intake, retard -3 exhaust

The top end isn't bad, I think it's a little better than many stockish dynos I've seen.

Yeah,
Advance on the intake & retarded exhaust will give a little more on top end, but it kills the mid range.
More split on the centers will give better overall performance.

On the 264 cams I have now, I stared off with 106 on the lobe centers.
Felt real good up around7-8k, but overall the car sucked.
I advanced the exhaust, and retarded the intake to get 112 lobe centers, and the car picked up .5 sec in the quarter.
It is not nearly as strong on the very top, but it's faster overall.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
935motorsports;1400086 said:
I picked up all of the parts to convert to ACIS. I'm considering it, to see what the difference would actually be.

I am running a supra ECU without ACIS. So, there is a noticeable dip in torque in the midrange, as shown by the dyno chart. It seems to me that the ECU is expecting a crossover point that does not exist.

I also picked up a mustang cobra twin throttle body on craigslist for $25. It would seem that going to the Y pipe setup would make more sense for that throttle body.

Thought about doing that one myself:) Not a whole lot of increase in the size of that and the stock one though. Gofastgeorge has done a BBK TB from some kind of SC Ford, aus87nat has suggested a double Camry I kind of like that idea because it would make the plug galley easy to get to. Keep us updated with pics of course ;)

aus87nat

May 20, 2008
Wollongong
Not sure what you mean about dimples, but the Aussie one has a passage for the egr, and a cover plate on top that i think disrupts the flow path a little, it might be the same as yours. Can get a pic if you want.

I never liked the factory Y pipe because it increases area after the throttle plate. The increased area isn't huge, so the air won't loose that much speed, but it still doesn't sound right. I can't see the Y acting as 'plenum' volume because the flow is still fast and one directional.

If you go NA-t, it would be interesting to have an aftermarket ECU control a solenoid for the ACIS.

amichie

Apr 13, 2006
sYDNEy
Here's a pic of mine. Looks like it must be jdm.
p1408300_1.jpg

amichie

Apr 13, 2006
sYDNEy
aus87nat;1408394 said:
Ah, cool. I thought the Aussie one's would have been the same as the JDM version.

I think mine is a jdm. I bought it from wrecking yard. Wreckers bring in import motors and fit them mostly to cresidas with blown head gaskets. They take the jdm intake off and put the cressida intake on.

Took me forever to find the little vacuum canister and the accelerator cable brackets so that I could fit it all in my Cressy. Works well enough. It's set up to switch over at about 4000rpm from long runners to short runers.