3inch pipe

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
I found a mecanics garage that bends 3inch pipe, and told me 200$ canadian from downpipe to muffler. Dosnt seem like a hard route to bend...its pretty straight ;) but still.
Is it a good price ??? i guess its 160$ usd

Thanks guys, glad to see SM back up :D

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
garrettrowe said:
crush or mandrel bent?

It's a good price if it's mandrel.

90% chance its crush bent...not many public mandrel benders just sitting in normal shops ....ESPCIALLY inf FL...who knows in canada...

good price if mandrel...waste of time with crush IMO

J

JerzeySlowpra

the Meineke i work in has a mandrel and i use it for free

mc_h

Apr 1, 2005
Windsor/Detroit
If you live in the Toronto area, there are alot of shops that do mandrel bends...
But if you DO live in the area, I'm selling test pipe & catback(minus the muffler) for 150 CAD...its 3" crush bent, nothing too special but it does the job...basically only has 1 bend

With that said though, 200 isn't a bad deal but it depends on alot of things...lots of shops do shitty work in general

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
What is crushed....where they bend its like....rippled...or has a bumpy effect kinda thing...thus reducing the diameter.
And mandrel is..???bent perfectly...diameter stays the same all the time ?

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
cool, if i remember well they said it was Mandrel. Good shit, now i gotta find me a DP with elbow..probably BIC DDP..but 450$ canadian ouch, and a muffler.

You guys think its gonna be loud...ddp 3inch and just a muffler ???

T

toyota_supra_1988

the bic ddp is only 350 lol canadian which is about 300 us, you could always just get hte normal bic dp which is 265

Apr 1, 2005
WA
PynkEye said:
You guys think its gonna be loud...ddp 3inch and just a muffler ???

ive got the bic ddp with 3" and a straight through muffler. nothing else, and only 1 slight bend in the exhaust (after the downpipe of course). it is loud. but ive heard louder from domestic guys. also, one thing that bugs me in my setup, around 2000-2500 rpm (cant remember exacly where) the exhaust will resonate and get a really loud low pitch rumble. only happens if you cruse at that rpm. go above or below that rpm and it gets quieter, but its kind of annoying. im pretty sure its due to the fact there is a muffler but no resonator (basically just a second muffler of different size = different resonance). hopefully when i add a cat the resonance will disapear.

PynkEye

Mar 30, 2005
ya i found a 110$ Borla resonator, ill probably put that..and some 3Inch muffler...those 2 should cut the sound down, and still give me the 3inch exhaust.

Thanks guys