350z with 2jz

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
And what happens to Turbo NA engines that keep trying to develop more horse without additional work?

Why doesn't everyone just use the GE motor? It has higher compression and can make more power on lower boost......

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
suprarcr89 said:
hey i got a ninja post in

come on guys i didnt mean for this to turn into a saga..

Neither did I.

Both motors are great in their own right. One isn't necessarily better than the other and they both have made a lot of power.

If I said the 2J is a great motor, I don't think anybody would question why.

306 in NA form for the Z is great. That's almost as much as the 2J-GTE was rated at. They do well when turbo'd assuming their built right or don't exceed what they can handle in stock form, which is still a pretty decent amount of power.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Syris said:
And what happens to Turbo NA engines that keep trying to develop more horse without additional work?

Why doesn't everyone just use the GE motor? It has higher compression and can make more power on lower boost......

Obviously people use the GTE versions of the 7m, 1j, and, 2J because they are available from the factory.

The VQ is not a factory turbo'd motor.

Did you really need somebody to point that out to you?

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
Joe I just at least expected you to just tell me something that was more informational than "it makes X amount of power over this one" for your reason as to why its a great engine.

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
OneJoeZee said:
Obviously people use the GTE versions of the 7m, 1j, and, 2J because they are available from the factory.

The VQ is not a factory turbo'd motor.

Did you really need somebody to point that out to you?

It was further explanation on why it may make more hp/tq at a lower psi when turboed....

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Syris said:
NO?

That ring any bells?

You really should learn to comprehend a little better.

I never mentioned a DIFFERENCE in PSI/COMPRESSION for a reason why a VQ could make more power/tq.

I said it makes more in Na form and can make more in boosted form. You brought compression up and I said that it will still match a 2J with lowered compression. Just compensate with added boost. The end.

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
What credit? I asked you to tell me why it does deserve any credit and you told me because it makes X amount of power....

Thats not good enough reason at all to deserve any credit from me.
Maybe my opinion would be similar if I wasnt going to a college that revolves around motorsports.....

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
suprarcr89 said:
syrius like what...

onejoezee yeah but do it in the the 350z body

It probably wouldn't sell well I bet considering the release of the GT-R. Plus, they're already getting power levels comparable to the 300Z and other companies sports cars in that price range without turbos. Turboing it would put it in a class the Z isn't really aimed at.

suprarcr89

The Juggernaut has my old
OneJoeZee said:
It probably wouldn't sell well I bet considering the release of the GT-R. Plus, they're already getting power levels comparable to the 300Z and other companies sports cars in that price range without turbos. Turboing it would put it in a class the Z isn't really aimed at.

yeah but it would probably more affortable than the gt-r