2JZ swap using Aristo auto questions

SupraMan1987

Mar 8, 2006
Hickory area, NC
I'm gathering information and deciding for sure what direction I want to go in with my 2J swap that will most likely occur next spring/summer. I'll list my questions in order, so as to hopefully make the answers easier to understand for me and anyone else that stumbles on this thread with similar questions later

1. What has everyone decided on doing to make the ABS in the MKIII still function?

2. What driveshaft do you use with the setup?

3. Am I able to use my stock MK3 shifter with the setup, or do I need to do something custom?

4. What is everyone using for a speedometer input into the factory mechanical MK3 cluster?

I believe those are the questions I'd like to start with. I'm sure I'll have a lot of other stuff to figure out as my swap draws closer, I just need to decide 100% very soon if I want to go with the auto, or go to the added expensive of also doing the auto to manual conversion when I do the engine swap.

JORAMI17

Jan 21, 2010
FL
SupraMan1987;1786316 said:
1. What has everyone decided on doing to make the ABS in the MKIII still function?
I have a 91 with an Aristo swap running on a single for about 10 months now. I paid to get my harness done and my ABS works.

2. What driveshaft do you use with the setup?
I used the factory turbo driveshatft with my R154 set up. If you are keeping the Aristo Auto I'm sure there will be a difference since the rear yolk is different.

3. Am I able to use my stock MK3 shifter with the setup, or do I need to do something custom?
If R154, no modifications required not sure with the Auto

4. What is everyone using for a speedometer input into the factory mechanical MK3 cluster?
Factory cable, the mechanical cluster has a built-in speed sensor that is fed into the Aristo ECU.

I believe those are the questions I'd like to start with. I'm sure I'll have a lot of other stuff to figure out as my swap draws closer, I just need to decide 100% very soon if I want to go with the auto, or go to the added expensive of also doing the auto to manual conversion when I do the engine swap.

Good luck and take your time doing your research before you get into it. I didn't start mine until I had purchased everything I needed.

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
You can use a 2jzge tranny out of a 92-97 Sc300. A340e. Bolts right to the 2jzgte, has the abs sensor on it, I switced the tailshaft on the 2jz one with a 7m one so I can retain the stock speedo cable, and best part, output shaft is the same, so the stock (mines upgraded 1-piece) driveshaft will bolt right in.

ifyouaint1sturlast

Banned Scammer - I'm whitemike.
Jun 14, 2011
Fort Myers/Cape Coral - Florida
Albert;1787031 said:
You can use a 2jzge tranny out of a 92-97 Sc300. A340e. Bolts right to the 2jzgte, has the abs sensor on it, I switced the tailshaft on the 2jz one with a 7m one so I can retain the stock speedo cable, and best part, output shaft is the same, so the stock (mines upgraded 1-piece) driveshaft will bolt right in.

You can also grab a 1JZ-GTE auto that will do the same thing since the 1JZ was offered in the A70 chassis.

NecroCyde

Lurk R
Apr 5, 2005
Calgary/Brooks, Alberta Canada
copied in here from my SF post:

Hmmm, i was considering the possibility of swapping tail housings from the 7m a340 to the aristo a340. This would solve DS, speedo, crossmember and ABS issues in theory. Even if the driveshaft didnt quite fit, at least it could be shortened/lengthened quite easily. This should work, but then you have the problem of the drive by wire setup they use for the shifter, but as far as i know, that shit can be unbolted and the linkages should still exist allowing you to connect your mk3 auto shifter to the linkage.

Muuuuuuuch muuuuuch more easily is simply using a 1jz a342e, should hook up the the 2jz shift maps just fine, all the above mentioned issues are resolved on the spot and the bellhousing it comes with bolts right on. aristo TC and flexplate should work just fine.

You can make the A342e last, it just needs a cooler and i would get the valve body upgraded by devin leblanc on supramania. His car is doing insane numbers on the strip, with just that done to the slushbox.

Another idea is to follow the manual guys and swap the bellhousing, using the 2jz bellhousing on the 7m a340, this could also work great too, but i would do the above mods first while its out. They are very cost effective too really, for what your getting and doesn't sacrifice normal driving in anyway.

As far as i am aware, the kick down cable connection should still exist on the throttle body, but if not, you could potentially use one from a 1jz.