2JZ NA-T into MK3

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
HAHA!!! yep, Jagaloon Motorsports 1st build is running!!! :biglaugh:

I did make some more progress today, I replaced my old turn signal switch assembly with a new one that works. Now my turn signals don't have a mind of there own.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
jmcboost;1276500 said:
I did calibrate the TPS. I just think that I'm a little hesitant to put the pedal all the way to the floor because I don't want anything to break. I'm a little worried about over revving and I'm trying to make sure it doesn't over boost (not 100% sure of my EBC). Anyway, it looks like I got into about 65% throttle. The beginning of the log starts in 2nd gear and then goes to 3rd gear.

Ahh, ok. Revlimit will keep the car from over-reving. ;) Dave H has done many pulls reving pas 8K RPM's on stock valvetrain.

You'll be able to floor it steadily to see where your boost stops at.

After that, just floor it and make sure your AFR's don't go lean.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Cool, Makes sense, thanks Scott. I will try this soon. I want to get a few more miles on the clutch before I get too crazy with the RPM's and boost.
I just keep smelling something after I do a few pulls and I don't know what it is, but it smells like clutch. I don't want to glaze it over. Or is that not very likely only running 5 to 8 psi?

supramk3speed

Dec 4, 2008
Texas
Im really thinking about trying this swap, keep it up and if i get going on mine i will let you know. Seeing as i lost two 7m's, im looking for a motor that can handle globs of power with a little less hassle although i know just getting the motor to function will be a hassle in its self.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Well the good thing about 2JZGE s is that you can pick one up for sometimes $300 to $500. And most of them are still in great condition.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Just wanted to update this thread a little bit. The engine is running great! I have not yet dyno tuned .:3d_frown: That will be coming soon. At 12psi it feels great and really pulls nicely. For now I've just been enjoying the fact that it runs well. I need to buy a few more things to finish it up before I dyno and I want to put about 200 more miles on it since I've only put 150 miles on it since it started up back in February.

The only issue I'm having right now is what I think to be a boost controller issue. I'm using an older profec B. I set the boost to 12 psi and it works great, then after a bit of driving the boost starts to creep to 15 and higher. I'm trying to tune for more boost but I need it to be controlled. So does anybody have any ideas as to what could be causing this? I'm leaning towards faulty boost controller solenoid.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
^^^^ Thanks!!!

So , I bought an Apexi AVC-R boost controller and now that I've figured out how to use it, I'm able to hold boost just fine. I will street tune for 15psi this weekend hopefully and see what it feels like. I went out and made some 12psi pulls and ......WOW!! it still feals great. Can't wait to get it proffesionaly tuned.:naughty:

Also, i will take a shot at building my own 3" catback exhaust soon and I will install an AEM wideband this weekend. So, I should be able to get this thing putting down some high HP's soon.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Thanks for the compliments everybody!!

I installed the AEM UEGO wideband today. I did not get a chance to run at WOT but at idle it seems pretty accurate. At some points of RPMs (not driving) i noticed that the UEGO reads a little off compared to the AFR reading on my Stinger. Should this be happening?

Also I have both wideband sensors installed one right below the other (inline because of the bung locations on my downpipe). Could this effect the reading of the sensor that is below the other?

Any other helpful hints on the UEGO would be great. Thanks!

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
OK, Here is a quick video of 1st and 2nd gear. I really don't want to get to crazy and get a ticket. I'm really paranoid about getting pulled over...sorry.
And also, sorry about the super loud boost leak/whistling noise coming from my boost gauge. I thought I fixed it the other day, but its back.:biglaugh:

sm_photo_missing.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
I rode in JMCBOOST's car today, it pulls even better than last time I went out in it, he was running 15psi, still has the restrictive factory sized exhaust but once he fixes that I think it'll really show what it can do, still has some tuning issues and possibly a boost leak but it's making a lot of progress and showing some good signs of life, definately should be around 450 to 500whp once he gets exhaust added and a good solid tune with some more boost.

I am glad to have Jesse around, he helps me with so much of my own stuff and its great to see this project take shape, I remember a year ago when he pulled the engine and began buying parts for this and I was thinking man I hope he finishes it, and here it is damn near finished.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Thanks for the kind words Will!!! Thanks for the video help too!

I'm glad we video taped it also because I can here the turbo flutter. It's better then what it was but still not gone. Hopefully its not bad enough to damage my turbo.

Last edited:

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
jmcboost;1384807 said:
Thanks for the kind words Will!!! Thanks for the video help too!

I'm glad we video taped it also because I can here the turbo flutter. It's better then what it was but still not gone. Hopefully its not bad enough to damage my turbo.

Definitely be watchful of that, I'm now sending my turbo out for a rebuild because of it!!

Car is awesome, great job! Can't wait to see what it will do with all the issues worked out!

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Yeah, I'm wondering how to get rid of it completely. I'm going to try and get a better vac source to my HKS SSQV (knockoff). I shortened the vac line last time and loosened the tension on the SSQV and a lot of the flutter went away. It was about 6 big flutters and now its down to about 1.5 to 2. How bad is your flutter?