2JZ NA-T into MK3

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
OK, I am getting spark, or at least the coils are firing. I don't think that my injectors are getting a pulse.

I've tested the injector harness on all of the injectors and I am seing 12v on both legs of each injector harness. Is this right?

Then when I crank the engine, nothing really changes on either of the wires on each harness (the voltage drops from the starter). I think I have something wired wrong? Any ideas?

Remember, I'm on a stinger EMS.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Still no luck yet! I just tried changing to 7M coil packs and that did not work either. For some reason I still don't think I am getting injector pulses. I have checked the voltage going to each injector with a multimeter and a test light. It has backfired a couple times but I think that is because I had sprayed some lube in the cylinders a month ago.

I can see a tach signal (RPM on stinger) and the coil packs are firing. Is there any settings in the stinger that would not allow the injectors to pulse? Are there any other ways to check the injectors to see if they are working?

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
NO, that's a negative. I guess that would have helped them stay fresh and lubed up right?

I don't know, it could be that they are working but not all the time. Becuase it seems like if I can get a few backfires it's probably getting fuel. I just don't undersand why I can't see the voltage change on each injector harness.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
WOOHOOO!!! It starts and idles ............... for a few seconds!:icon_bigg

I need to take some fuel out of the map and try to get it to idle better. I also need to get the belt on so the water pump works and the alternator charges. I also need to clean up a few other things. But anyway I'm super excited and I'll post up some vids when I can get it to idle and rev.

Also, Scott Hennessy was right (of course) he told me that I needed to change the coil pack harness around so the coils would fire right. Thanks for all the help Scott!

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
I went over today took short vid clip and some pics, we are planning to make an ice video with his car, do some pulls maybe, add some music and do a little editing, when we finish it it will be posted on here so check back later on, cars not up and running but its damn clase fired it up, jesse has some cleaning up to do in the engine bay, add some coolant and hoses and belt to get on, then fine tune some stuff and start getting it dialed in, it sounded sweet, running rich right now so it kinda smelt like a lawn mower LOL.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Wills7MGTE;1249464 said:
I went over today took short vid clip and some pics, we are planning to make an ice video with his car, do some pulls maybe, add some music and do a little editing, when we finish it it will be posted on here so check back later on, cars not up and running but its damn clase fired it up, jesse has some cleaning up to do in the engine bay, add some coolant and hoses and belt to get on, then fine tune some stuff and start getting it dialed in, it sounded sweet, running rich right now so it kinda smelt like a lawn mower LOL.

Yeah, HAHA!!! Maybe I should pull it out of the garage so we don't get high on the fumes.:icon_bigg

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
I guess the driftmotion stinger wiring diagram is incorrect.. since we both had the same problem when trying to get the car started for the first time. Interesting. Either way, it runs :).

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I wonder if the wiring from the stinger to the ingnitor module is switched around on his diagram. But either way, it works!!! And thanks for the help Scott. If i put down half of the power you were making I'll be very happy!:icon_bigg

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
Wills7MGTE;1250065 said:
It's a shame scott's car will probably not last that long in it's new owners hands, nice piece of work though man looks like it pulled like a raped ape!

I think he'll be fine :). I mean it's a lot of power to be pushing out of a stock bottom end for sure, but Matt's been in contact with me every step of the way. We're planning on getting even more power out of it this summer when I fly out to tune it.

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
Well, I guess I need to buy a plane ticket for you to come this way to tune mine. And you can bring those Ziet wheels with you too.:naughty:

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
You should have bought it from me when I sold it for $250 on ebay!:biglaugh:

Just an update: It's still running at idle but I have not had the chance to get the fuel leaned out. I can only run it for a minute or so because I have an oil and coolant leek that need to be fixed. The good thing is I'm getting good oil pressure and all of the electronics (gauges/stinger) are working properly.

86_sports_1jz

slow 700hp build...
Aug 27, 2006
OK
jmcboost;1253200 said:
Just an update: It's still running at idle but I have not had the chance to get the fuel leaned out. I can only run it for a minute or so because I have an oil and coolant leek that need to be fixed. The good thing is I'm getting good oil pressure and all of the electronics (gauges/stinger) are working properly.

thats always good :biglaugh: