2JZ fan in 1JZ

Trust_GTE

BOOST NOW...CRY LATER...
Apr 4, 2005
FL
got my fan/clutch in, after i finish a couple of things everything should be good. Thanks for the help! :drink1:

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Just an update... in case ANYONE cares. Had the first few REAL tests of the fan's functionality this week. First came the other day when I went for a nice leisurely cruise... in 90 degree temps and 50% RH. Sitting in traffic was where the temp was highest, at 181. Boosting down the highway, multiple 3rd gear pulls, temp stayed locked around 178, sometimes dropping on SLIGHT declines in the road. I was pleased.

Tonight went out with a few friends... LS1/6s out the ying yang, temps were in the 80s tonight, less humid. Needless to say there was a lot of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear pulling. Temps once again stayed at 180 or less. Raised only slightly to ~182 after turbo timing for about 5 minutes... then I cracked the hood and the temp almost immediately started to dip. I am very pleased with this fan, and to me for my purposes... this passed the test.

Again, sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I thought people should know what my personal results have been. Thank you.

-J

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
I will be test-fitting a replacement radiator from an 89T which has the shroud in the next couple of days. We'll see if the stock MA70 shroud with also work with this setup....

I am sure that the airflow is as good as the hydro, BTW.

Dunno why some guys swear by the hyrdo setup, when this is so much simpler... removes weight, point of failures, possible leaks, etc, etc.

I guess if you already have a COMPLETE hydro setup it makes sense, but alot of guys are going thru a great deal of effort to make theirs work.... I guess to be unique it might be worthwhile, but I don't see it performance-wise.

6-11-05
The stock shroud looks like it may not work, because the plastic where the aux. fans go, gets in the way of the intake piping. Maybe cutting that piece off might work, but I'm making an aluminum custom shroud anyways... not worth any more effort to see if the stock shroud will work otherwise.

Last edited:

Trust_GTE

BOOST NOW...CRY LATER...
Apr 4, 2005
FL
Just want to update you guys with pics of how the set-up went. I believe that all mkiv waterpump pulleys are the same. The problem i first had( clutch wouldnt fit) was because of the cap that went over the pulley. Enjoy the pics, and thanks to Satan and jbsupra89t for the help. :bigthumb:

Waterpump pulley

f6.jpg

Cap off the wp pulley
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-11/884005/f5.jpg

Tight fit!
f1.jpg

Side View
f2.jpg

jbsupra89t

Achieving Balance...
Mar 30, 2005
NJ
Nice, my fit looks exactly like that. How do you like it? Mine survived 90 degree temps for a 2 hour drive down the highway and in traffic yesterday :)

Trust_GTE

BOOST NOW...CRY LATER...
Apr 4, 2005
FL
I LOVE IT!! the best mod yet for me( waiting on BIC's twin set-up :evil2: ) I've taken it to lakeville, CT. and it was about 80 degrees out. Did some boosting and tops it ever got up to was in the 170s, it also cooled fairly quick afterwards, surprisingly it does not stay at that temp. It stayed at 160-165 for the entire trip. IMO by far the best cooling upgrade for the 1j, anyone who isnt happy with E-fans should opp. to having it done.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Hey guys,
Can't remember who may have wanted it, but I really need to clear my garage up a bit...

I have a spare 2JZ-GTE fan/clutch which I will not be using. Gonna say $50 plus shipping (~$10 in US)... Email me if you want it... If anyone else wants it (but isn't the 1st to respond), I'll help you find what you need for this set up. I do believe it's the better way to go....

g099521@yahoo.com

E