20 psi

Dunckel

Jan 16, 2007
Spokane, WA
starscream5000 said:
70.00-90.00 bucks for three runs is considered the norm around where I live.

does that include the tuning in between? if so, that is a good deal. the jerkoff here wants $150 for 3 runs including tuning. and he sucks at it. i lost 40hp after he "tuned" it. sorry, sensitive subject.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Ian, that's happened to me twice - Once when I originally turbocharged my camaro, and once on the Supra :) I learned quickly that without the turbo + manifold shielded, you get a hell of a lot of heatsoak into those IC pipes ;)

Shlongor

6483 DECM Helos
Aug 10, 2005
Illinois/Hawaii
www.marines.com
It's been done and will be done by many others in the future. I personally believe that there's nothing wrong with upgraded CTs. The problem is that they are cheap and people want to jack up the boost for 400rwhp on a 120k+ mile motor and are surprised when something fails.

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
IJ. said:
I'd like to see IAT's with a CT @ 20 psi.

The closest I can find is this from John Lunsford's site at 15 psi

On 15 psi runs and 68 degree ambient temperatures, the temperatures before the intercooler reached just under 295 degrees Fahrenheit. This is the section between the turbo and intercooler, and the hottest section in the system (and no, the PVC does not melt or deform)! At the other temperature sensor, after the intercooler, the readings peaked at slightly less than 150 degrees Fahrenheit. That is very good in my opinion, considering the heat that is put out of the stock turbo at 15 psi. I would estimate that the stock turbo is only about 60% efficient at 15 psi and would not recommend running this level of boost with the stock turbo on a regular basis. This test was simply to test the PVC/stock intercooler efficiency. I believe that the stock intercooler system is actually better than most people think. I believe that the pressure drop reported is due to the stock intercooler pipes, not the intercooler it's self.