1uz in mkiii

yotasupra3

Nov 22, 2008
OMAHA
ok sweet i love tq i grew up around mopars and chevys lol, i learned to drive in a torque monster a 454 chevy truck with granny low it was great haha ok thankyou for all the advise and what not if i have any more q's 4 u ill post them up

GT400

Its a secret.
Jun 29, 2005
Oak Ridge / Knoxville, TN
I'm the guy chris was going to get measurements from, but i havent gotten to it just yet. I will do my best to get to it tomorrow and give you the specs you need. I really have to suggest that you go with the manual trans though. I finished my swap with the auto because i was ready to have it back on the road, but i hate it. the stock 1uz trans is a pig. its meant for luxury/touring smoothness, and wouldnt know a rapid shift if it had to. it shifts into 2nd gear at 1500 rpm in first unless you are really in it, and i've got my detent cable adjusted as tight as possible.

On the whole though, the car is a blast to drive, just wish it was 5spd.

chris, let me know if you hear back on those pick we took!

Daniel

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Daniel, Didn't realize that you were on here....

Im waiting on the Pics from Matt.. He's been staying at his Parents house all this week and being that they are HDR, there is something that he has to do with them in photoshop (have no idea, dont know shit about that stuff) and doesn't have photoshop there on thier computer... He said he will email them to me as soon as he gets whatever done, done. I'll forward them to you as soon as I get them....

yotasupra3

Nov 22, 2008
OMAHA
im not really worried about the tranny shifting ect, ill figure out the silionoids/computer and c if i cant get it to shift harder and faster. i already have a turbo 5spd im looking for a cruiser.... plus the car is a factory auto it will be much cheaper and faster if i jus keep the auto. and the 1uz bolts up to the 89+ motor mounts i know i will have to make a tranny mount but are the motor mounts the same???

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
yotasupra3;1213379 said:
o shit i thiught they where close, o well i jus make some

Yes, custom mounts are needed to bolt the engine in and a custom trans mount too if your going with the 1uz auto...

yotasupra3

Nov 22, 2008
OMAHA
ya i know that i have to make a trans mount i thought the motor mounts where the same as the 89+ mounts....... if not idc.....

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
yotasupra3;1213868 said:
ya i know that i have to make a trans mount i thought the motor mounts where the same as the 89+ mounts....... if not idc.....

No, custom mounts have to be made for all MKIII chassis... On MKIV's its a direct bolt in using the SC400 mounts and stands, but nothing is even close on the MKIII's. New stands have to be made and if dont correctly, then the stock MKIII's mount (rubber part) is reused.

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Sorry, I put to much time and effort in ensuring that the ones that I designed, build and sell are a perfect fit and ensure a 100% bolt in operation to put up pics for people to copy.

Not trying to be an Ass here, but if you can build them your self, then you should be more then capable of figuring out how they need to be to bolt in...

milisakeracing

Jan 30, 2006
Kalamazoo, MI
1uzsupra.com
yotasupra3;1220648 said:
i jus found this i didnt kno anyone made this kind of thing i think they are in australia.....

http://www.bulletcars.com/superchar...oarer-v8-lexus-ls400-supercharger-system.html

If I recall correctly, 6psi on the supercharger will get you in the low to mid 300's depending on tuning. Been looking into this myself and if I do go with a supercharger, I'll be going with a twinscrew or ducted type s/c instead. More efficient than the roots if I understand correctly. The ducted type has the advantage of being an easier install and easier to intercool but has the lag just like a turbo (essentially a turbo that is belt driven).

Looking forward to seeing your build thread. Glad to see more people are starting to do this swap! Would have loved to drive down to the meet in FL but I don't take the car out of the garage during the salt season here in MI. :)