1jzgte 260z first drive!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I know it's been said a few times about your old Z Ian, but please don't do that again... it's a wonder you're alive man. Thanks for sharing though! :)

Gritz

Aug 1, 2008
nc
The 1jz is truly a special engine, i just can't get enough of that exhaust note....When I'm hitting boost and the 1jz is turning 7k+ i get the feeling that it's in another league. no disrespect to dsm's, honda, mitsu..etc but the jz engines are in their own leauge..Im wondering how did I afford something that sounds and behaves so rich...im in love :) If there are any dobuters lurking keep in mind this is stock block, pistions, rods, head..etc and this thing is a beast!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Congrats on getting it running Gritz. Is it still running hot? Did you replace your wideband sensor yet? Just curious. These things are way more fun to drive than they are to work on because of something stupid.

Gritz

Aug 1, 2008
nc
suprahero;1574455 said:
Congrats on getting it running Gritz. Is it still running hot? Did you replace your wideband sensor yet? Just curious. These things are way more fun to drive than they are to work on because of something stupid.

Yeah fixed the running hot issue, i just had to flush the system.. i thought i did a good job cleaning the rad but i didn't..When i drained the rad looks like pure mud was coming out hose; man was it dirty i guess the 200 dgrees temp made the dirt and grim i missed loose.. i let the engine run with clean water going in until the system was clean.

The wideband I'm still fighting with, i checked my wiring which is only two wires, and everything was fine...but I'm still reading 15.2-15.7 under all conditions..which i know isn't right because i have black fuel residue on the inside of my muffler.. I'm keeping boost around 5-8 psi and until i can get a good reading..I think my sensor might be bad..There goes another $70 bucks...lol

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I had a sensor go bad in mine last year and it stayed at about 14.8 - 15.0 at all times. It scared the crap out of me under boost so I replaced it very quickly.

Gritz

Aug 1, 2008
nc
suprahero;1574470 said:
I had a sensor go bad in mine last year and it stayed at about 14.8 - 15.0 at all times. It scared the crap out of me under boost so I replaced it very quickly.

Which wideband do you have?

Gritz

Aug 1, 2008
nc
jmcboost;1574628 said:
Man, the car and engine combo looks great. Looks like I need to start shopping around for an old Nissan!!!

1jz is hard to beat in a light body(2400lbs):) Antoher cool swap would be a 1st gen celica, that way you could keep it in the family.

Attachments

• celica1..jpg
    celica1..jpg
    154 KB · Views: 41

kamikazemkiii

Mar 21, 2009
North Carolina
Im pretty sure theirs a tread on it, but what all did you need for the swap? besides the engine, tranny, and drive shaft? was the wiring harness long enough? have you weighed it?

Gritz

Aug 1, 2008
nc
kamikazemkiii;1574817 said:
Im pretty sure theirs a tread on it, but what all did you need for the swap? besides the engine, tranny, and drive shaft? was the wiring harness long enough? have you weighed it?
Same as with any swap..made a custom engine cross member, custom tranny mount, custom exhaust, custom front mount and piping..etc The stock supra harness was actually about a foot too long where i mounted the ecu so good to go on that...The speedo was plug and play, the stock z clutch master cylinder works the r154 just fine although i wish it was a little harder..You are correct the drive shaft had to be modified, i just took the yoke from the r154 to a shop and had them weld it to the stock z drive shaft, works great!! Need a rear sump oil pan on the 1jz..i think thats about it..

I have not weighed the car but the 1jz+trans is about 150lbs more than the stock motor and trans; i have removed the stock z bumpers and mounts which are 100lbs, removed all the heater controls..etc, removed the stock gas tank in favor of a 12 gallon fuel cell... If i had to guess the z should clock in at around 2400-2500lbs

Gritz

Aug 1, 2008
nc
partyboy25;1575317 said:
Looks sick...how can you be in Jacksonville and I dont know about this!? I drive a primer 240sx with a 1jz swap. :) Might have to meet up with you sometime.

Sure.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
partyboy25;1575317 said:
Looks sick...how can you be in Jacksonville and I dont know about this!? I drive a primer 240sx with a 1jz swap. :) Might have to meet up with you sometime.

Gritz;1576492 said:

fc25336_trap.jpg
;)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Apparently they don't like people borrowing their bandwidth IJ, here's the url that you end up at when you click your link:

http://www.zgeek.com/noleech.jpg

I noticed the 'no leech' part there, but nothing comes up on that page, at least not for me. :(

Gritz

Aug 1, 2008
nc
I wrapped my down pipe yesterday and the wrap is smoking? how long does this stuff smoke before it stops?

Last edited: