1JZ Swap Parts Into a MKIII - List -

markiiisupra

Jan 8, 2012
Toronto
89 n/a complete specific parts list needed :$ kind new at this, any help. more clear on the actual parts list of what to get. id personally would like to get it all oem so id like to know what im asking for, part numbers would help too. thanks in advance, pm me or just post back. thanks. looking at jza70 swap, buying the front clip
bryan

Jpsblue95r32

Mar 29, 2013
Scranton , pa
Hi guy new to the forum,and to the hole supra thing .i just picked up a 88 turbo supra .
Well my buddy's in are car club are telling me to swap it to the 1jz.
One of my buddy's have one they picked up for a project but never used
All ready has after market tm and holeset on it . But there telling that my car
Has the good trans ?154 I think they called it and I just have to get a bell house ing
Mounts water pump , have the harnes rewired and a couple other little things .
I'm not sure lol just wondering if there right .
Plus if I made a good deal on the car .
It's rust free 100% car runs ok . Sec gear pops out every
Time , dash is f*ck from the sun . Never touch
Only thing was the mark 4 turbo wheels someone put
On it . I swapped a 01 ram 2500 ex cab gas for it

Dave Montana

Nov 12, 2013
Ny
I want to swap a 1jz into my 89 5spd supra. There are different 1jz motors. Vvti, single turbo twin turbo. Witch is the best to use. Thanks

Piece-it Pete

Oct 16, 2013
Cleveland
I'm looking into a 1jz swap into a 7MGE (non turbo) 1991 Supra 5 speed. I have some concerns though:

1) Do I need to change the tranny?
2) How will the tranny, diff, rear axles hold up to the large increase in power?
3) How skilled would you consider the job? ;)

Thanks.

Pete

xXSupramanXx

Drifter
Mar 12, 2008
Dayton
Piece-it Pete;1983907 said:
I'm looking into a 1jz swap into a 7MGE (non turbo) 1991 Supra 5 speed. I have some concerns though:

1) Do I need to change the tranny?
2) How will the tranny, diff, rear axles hold up to the large increase in power?
3) How skilled would you consider the job? ;)

Thanks.

Pete

You don't absolutely NEED to change the tranny tho I would recommend it. If you decide to run the w58 that's already in it you'll need to buy a new bell housing. I believe the w58 will hold around 400ish hp? The axles will hold but depending on which diff you have I would also recommend changing that as well to maybe the 3.9..... Hardest part of the swap would have to be the harness, everything else if fairly simple.

-Chris

Heggy

Apr 5, 2012
Vaudreuil-Dorion
I ordered and received throttle cable P/N 78180-1B090 97 TT Supra and it does not fit. Is this the wrong cable? Do the Camry ones fit properly?

silvergsx623

WIPLSH & HWY KNG
Oct 16, 2005
Alabama
Hey Guys, I'm looking at swapping a 1jzgte vvti out of a chaser w/ automatic transmission into the 89 (was a turbo 5 speed) wanted to see if anyone knows what drive shaft i will need?
Or... will i need a custom one made?

Thanks!

kyleh86

Feb 1, 2016
Phoenix Arizona
Engine mount brackets:
Do the pre 89 7mgte brackets fit the 1jz block or do I have to buy the custom brackets?
86.5 mk3 1jz swapping

Last edited: