1jz Infromation Where to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Alright my motor is coming in and should be here by Friday ( Tracking Numbers ET says this )
My question is where can I find parts ( seals Gaskets, wiring diagrams, car diagrams of the 1jz )

There is a TSRM on the 7m-gte inside the mkiii But I need to know where the information about the 1jz is, is there a manual I can buy, like Chiltons that comes from japan or anything else.

I just want something fro reference and such, torque specs and so on.

Thanks!

pnutcar

1jz Asshole :)
Jan 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
Dude, you need to spend a few hours reading and searching on here and SF. There are plenty of stickys w/ all of this info. The english translated 1jz tsrm is in there, wiring info is on there.

For your engine: do yourself a favor and buy the entire gasket kit. I got it from the Toy dealer from Tx on SF, it was like $175 shipped when I got it, its worth its weight in gold. Also pick up an oil filter relocation kit for while its out.

SEARCH!

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
pnutcar;1149523 said:
Dude, you need to spend a few hours reading and searching on here and SF. There are plenty of stickys w/ all of this info. The english translated 1jz tsrm is in there, wiring info is on there.

For your engine: do yourself a favor and buy the entire gasket kit. I got it from the Toy dealer from Tx on SF, it was like $175 shipped when I got it, its worth its weight in gold. Also pick up an oil filter relocation kit for while its out.

SEARCH!

Ahh good good, yeah I plan on getting the whole kit, no point in selecting certain ones. Thanks for the information.. new to this 1jz ordeal ..

too_stand

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2005
Campton Kentucky
Give the engine a good inspection when it comes, I have parted out several 1jz's and there are MANY issues in their arrival condition. I purchased one set from Jhot and both turbos were locked up solid, I have seen 2 or 3 with so much gunk ( looked like the oil had NEVER been changed ) on the cam caps that you had to "dig" to find the bolts holding the caps on. Most every 1jz I have seen will have some sensors that "mysteriously" got broken on the way. Plus even though I know you are "buying" a rear sump Supra engine... when it shows up they have "miracously" became a front sump engine. Then there is the problem of the average set missing any or all of the folowing... ECU, map sensor, ps pump, ac compressor, igniter,alternator.... the list goes on and on. I hope you are one of the fortunate ( and few ) buyers who gets the engine he paid for and that it hasnt met with any "destruction" or "pilferor" on its way.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
too_stand;1149534 said:
Give the engine a good inspection when it comes, I have parted out several 1jz's and there are MANY issues in their arrival condition. I purchased one set from Jhot and both turbos were locked up solid, I have seen 2 or 3 with so much gunk ( looked like the oil had NEVER been changed ) on the cam caps that you had to "dig" to find the bolts holding the caps on. Most every 1jz I have seen will have some sensors that "mysteriously" got broken on the way. Plus even though I know you are "buying" a rear sump Supra engine... when it shows up they have "miracously" became a front sump engine. Then there is the problem of the average set missing any or all of the folowing... ECU, map sensor, ps pump, ac compressor, igniter,alternator.... the list goes on and on. I hope you are one of the fortunate ( and few ) buyers who gets the engine he paid for and that it hasnt met with any "destruction" or "pilferor" on its way.

Yeah, I expect nothing to be right when it comes. I am just excited I can finally start doing something that brings be out of my origin. I am so use to 7m.. I am doing a close friends dad '89 Supra right now pulling the motor fixing all the oil leaks, so I know that stuff the 1j on the other hand wow, blows my mind.

Gritz

Aug 1, 2008
nc
My engine avrrived missing a few parts...:) for starters map sensor, igniter, driveshaft yoke, broken tps housing...seller did help me out though, and we came to a agrement, lucky me....other wise engine looks pretty clean...well see how it runs in a month or so.....

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Honestly, fuck the twins. They are such a pain to remove, might as well do it while the motor is out. Just go single from the get go.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
kwnate;1149737 said:
I read the 1jz's crank spins opposite of the 7m therefore you need a jdm rearend. Otherwise your shift pattern will be reversed.

Might want to double check that though.

Creative Nate... I am not retarded... :| &m clockwise 1jz clockwise.. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.