1JZ Hydro fan is broken!

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
So I just walked by the supra and like a pool of blood my supra is dead. I'm guessing the seal is toast or something because it dumped all of it's fluid on the ground from the center of the fan (where the to and return lines connect). So here's what I need:

1) Is there a part number or seal that I can use to fix my currect fan

2) What would be the best option to replacing them if not (i'm not willing to buy a new one from toyota since it cost like $850)

a. E-fans with a controller
b. Factory fan mech. fan? (I'm not sure if the fan clutch even works)

3. a listing of price's for either of these fixes!

Help a brother out i'm in need of a fix!

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
and getting that fan fluid is so hard LOL. as for the seal, if you take it apart and pull the seal out, you can get the numbers off it an order it from anyplace that sells seals.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
buy one from a member in the JZ parts for sell section. The fans themselves don't fail very often, and you can get a rebuild pump from Driftmotion if you dont want a used one.

seoul4korea

Nov 6, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.supraforums.com
bioskyline;1652351 said:
and getting that fan fluid is so hard LOL. as for the seal, if you take it apart and pull the seal out, you can get the numbers off it an order it from anyplace that sells seals.

Yeah I bet you think your a funny guy? Piss off in someone elses thread, this is more or less intended on seeing what others would do and/or if there is other members that have rebuilt the fan's themselves.

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
seoul4korea;1652603 said:
Yeah I bet you think your a funny guy? Piss off in someone elses thread, this is more or less intended on seeing what others would do and/or if there is other members that have rebuilt the fan's themselves.

Oh wow...

madsupra88

BoOoOoST
Sep 17, 2005
Detroit,MI
seoul4korea;1652603 said:

You need to relax as he wasn't making fun of you , and actually had some input on the subject..

Same thing happened to me, i just kept everything where its at, took the fan out, installed an E-fan kit and called it a day. I just plugged the in/out nipples on the pump . never had a problem since!

good luck

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
rakkasan;1652631 said:
internetz, serious business!

Yo son, you needz to be seriouz up in here. No makin jokes.

To the OP, on a much serious note, people are trying to help you about your hydrofan and you think we are poking fun. We have seen numerous 1JZ and 2JZ swaps and a majority of them have the 2JZ pump conversion, or atleast waiting on the funds to do the conversion since it is much more reliable and easily available.

It is people like you who others don't even bother responding to you because you think we are poking fun at you when we are trying to help.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
IBoughtASupra;1652633 said:
Yo son, you needz to be seriouz up in here. No makin jokes.

You're right, I need to refrain from sarcasm. LOL

I haven't been called son in 30 years ;)

We have seen numerous 1JZ and 2JZ swaps and a majority of them have the 2JZ pump conversion, or at least waiting on the funds to do the conversion since it is much more reliable and easily available.

I wont give up my hydrofan, I think it's an engineering feat that mechanical fans can't even come close to replicating. My whole fan system is either new or rebuilt, well, minus the ECU.

It is people like you who others don't even bother responding to you because you think we are poking fun at you when we are trying to help.

There is a little truth to that, but I will continue, only with my comments doused in sarcasm :)

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
rakkasan;1652656 said:
You're right, I need to refrain from sarcasm. LOL

I haven't been called son in 30 years ;)

I wont give up my hydrofan, I think it's an engineering feat that mechanical fans can't even come close to replicating. My whole fan system is either new or rebuilt, well, minus the ECU.

There is a little truth to that, but I will continue, only with my comments doused in sarcasm :)

I know. I was not trying to make fun of you to be serious, just typing like that is funny.

Second, I have no problem with the hydrofan, but I did not want to rebuild it. It can work fine if the OP rebuilds it.

Last, I was saying it is people like the OP, who assume people are trying to insult him, when they are trying to help.

Mainly, anything offensive was not toward you. Sarcasm on here it too funny...