1jz Gayness. Brought to you by Mt. Dew and Zach

juan jz

Mar 21, 2008
Anaheim
how exactly did you make the wholes for the cam cover so you can see the cam gears, i would like to show off my hks cam gears.

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
juan jz;1424725 said:
how exactly did you make the wholes for the cam cover so you can see the cam gears, i would like to show off my hks cam gears.

Quite easy actually. I got a hole saw set from harbor freight. The biggest saw in the set is the perfect size. I actually measured twice for the first time in my life and it turned out nice. The only thing I'd replace it with is the greddy clear cover.

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
juan jz;1424829 said:
thanks, do you have any tips on how you mesured it to fit perfect

A measuring tape, sharpie and some luck, that's about it. Measure across the centerpoint of the cam gears and mark that on the edge of the timing cover backing plate or valve covers or something. Just give yourself a point of reference.

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
The black on the engine everywhere is a good idea as it won't really show dirt that well.. I like it a lot.. Good job painting that alternator with out gettin any of the brushes painted.. It looks good..

XofXtimeX

Clean 2JZ
Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, TX
Zach,

The car is coming along very well! I'm really glad to see progress on this project!

I'm expecting a ride when I get home in December at bone daddys.

-Nick-

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
NokaoiMK3;1425076 said:
The black on the engine everywhere is a good idea as it won't really show dirt that well.. I like it a lot.. Good job painting that alternator with out gettin any of the brushes painted.. It looks good..

It's not paint, it's powdercoat, and I disassembled the alternator to the bare housings to coat it. A little tedious, but the proper way to do it.

XofXtimeX;1425418 said:
Zach,

The car is coming along very well! I'm really glad to see progress on this project!

I'm expecting a ride when I get home in December at bone daddys.

-Nick-

Sure thing man, I'm getting really excited to have a fun car running again. Probably won't stop smiling for a few months after it's running.

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
Making some more progress as time permits. Found time to fabricate a brake master cylinder stopper and brackets for my coolant overflow and PS reservoir. Went ahead and powdercoated them satin black while I was at it. Starting to organize the wiring bit by bit, too. Also hit my Koyo with scotch-brite. The polished look didn't quite fit with my engine bay, plus requires maintenance. Let me know what you think.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1432765_1.jpg

p1432765_2.jpg

p1432765_3.jpg

p1432765_4.jpg

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
Mounted my Intercooler today and decided that the factory 7m oil cooler was going to become the power steering cooler, so I mounted it as well.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1434171_1.jpg

jmcboost

Mar 31, 2005
Missouri
That looks great! Love the green. Do you have a check valve for the vacuum to the brake booster? I learned the hard way on that one.

yung2ner

3E5 LOVER
Yea the Koyo rad deff looks better not polished in your car. Mine is polished but goes well with everything else that is polished :). Great work on the car! Hope to see it done soon. You've set me on buying the CF race seats from Grimsta too, $400 a piece can't be beat!

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
jmcboost;1434182 said:
That looks great! Love the green. Do you have a check valve for the vacuum to the brake booster? I learned the hard way on that one.

Yep, just haven't put it in yet.

Tura_1JZ

Supra down the block
Aug 26, 2009
miami
NokaoiMK3;1421421 said:
I really like the sexy green accents throughout the car.. Really make your car different from the rest.. Also i dig those cam gears.. Are those the JUN cam gears or did you make them yourself? By the way my fav color is green so thats why the green is so "sexy" to me..

Big time the green looks raw!