1jz clips are gone?

#1StunnaVic

Mar 19, 2007
Bronx
makaveli913;1069346 said:
ok THis is how i got my clip last year. I searched everywhere and found a guy on ebay and here who had one. i got the money and ordered in October. he said a yard next to theirs had it. so i still agreed and waited. 3 three months pass and its in the country. But now im the IMPORTER. the port calls me and i have to pay customs exams, landing fees, ect. I get all that paid and it ships to denver. Now in denver it gots to get cleared by CUSTOMS. now the customs agent i get is a straight dick. He says the clip is classifed as a WHOLE CAR. It has to pass emissions tests, highway safety, GET REGISTERED,and all kinds of other BS!!!! It sits in denver a month and collects storage fees. The guy i got it from said he'll get it cleared with a certificate of orgin and he'll pay the storage fees. Ok now i get the orgin certificate and the customs agent laughs and says "that dont do nothing IT HAS TO PASS THE TESTS IM WAISTING MY MONEY AND TIME." :( I finally talk to another one agent. She i hella koo she suggests i call a broker. I call one in denver and he is the import master. He said to give him all the papers and he'll get it cleared the next day. HE put it as a OFF ROAD USE VEHICLE. Next day boom cleared!!!!!!!!!!!!! It gets shipped to my friends business. I get a chance to check it out in a couple of weeks and Its different from the one that i got pics of. the one i was posed to get had intake, sway bar, bov, intercooler, lower kms, lots of aftermarket stuff. I call the guy and he said that other one had bad compression so he sent this one cause it was all good. so thats cool i guess. Now a couple of months later i get a call from the place in denver saying they havent got paid for the storage. I give them the all the guys info and tell them to sue him not me. END Clip=2300 shipping=700 Port=300 broker=250

so if you do order one make sure its already in the country!!!! or if you want to be the importer check out astigracing.com they might have one

this is the EXACT WORD FOR WORD thing that happened to me when i used astigracing. showed me a pic of one clip and send me another saying the origonal one had bad compression. i ended up selling my car after completing the swap because i poured all my money into the car and ended up having to spend more money to do maintainance work on a engine and tranny that was suppose to only have 48000 miles on it. the clutch went on me and when i pulled it out the disc almost fell apart on me because it was so worn.... 48K? i think i was lied to. and then the twins started to go soon after that. i couldnt afford to do a single upgrade and i didnt wanna swap it out for another set of twins when the same thing is just gonna happen to me all over again so i ended up sellin it. just for the record i would never go the route of a clip again. it way too much work and in my opinion it doesnt really save you that much hassle and run around. just buy a good motor set from a respectable company and you'll be alright.

cartel1_950

supra is gone
Jan 30, 2006
calgary
true enough. way more skylines than supras being imported but now that the MKIV is open were gonna see tons of them coming over.

10secdream

Got Boost?
Sep 11, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
cartel1_950;1081191 said:
true enough. way more skylines than supras being imported but now that the MKIV is open were gonna see tons of them coming over.

Right now the market is so inflated that the USDM ones are the same price as the JDM. Who would honestly choose a JDM MK4 over a USDM.....

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
Other shops say that they test clips, and most only test compression. I still rather use clips, not just because I know all the cars and condition of the cars that we cut. Also when I get the clip I start them, just make sure that they don't have BHG, Rod knock, and smoke. You can test start an engine set, but it's so easy in a clip, that if the car was FWD I could drive it!

Most of us have to stop being price driven. Quality cost money and If you want it, you pay for it.

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
10secdream;1081217 said:
Right now the market is so inflated that the USDM ones are the same price as the JDM. Who would honestly choose a JDM MK4 over a USDM.....

Well, put it this way I've only known a few ppl with rhd jza80's and it was only because they owned them in japan prior to coming back.. wasn't he speaking about canada though?