1jz clips are gone?

black89targa

Banned - (I'm st2b!)
Jun 15, 2008
versailles
bigaaron;1069056 said:
I could seriously sell a clip a day if there were more available. I got calls from 5 people wanting a 1jz clip today alone! You guys are unfortunately just a little late to the 1jz party. There's 1jz longblocks, 1jz vvti longblocks, 2jz vvti longblocks, 2jz-ge engines for na-t setups, but very few clips. The easy route with the clip is going to be a thing of the past, just like 7m-gte clips. Just be careful on buying a clip from ebay, they seem to trick supra people into buying chaser and soarer clips and play stupid once it shows up at your house. I would also recommend you go with the people mentioned earlier, Jhot, Kaisen, Jarco, 935, Tiger, etc...

Between the price of scrap in Japan going up, the US dollar going down, and considering that most of the clips we want are over 15 years old now, it's incredible it has lasted as long as it did.

Yeah I know what you mean. Clips are harder to come by than a woman that considers sex in a Supra :naughty:

But yes. Everybody seems to want them when they are almost extinct.

You know how much money you could make if you sold the motor, ecu, tranny and everything needed for the swap in one bundle? TONS.

People are always sketchy about spending thousands and having to source parts.

oowee623;1069119 said:
try ylmmotor.com they are located in duarte, california. they had stacks of jza70s when i bought mine last year,he said i was the first to buy one in 5 months. they usually run out of sr20's though

Thanks for the link!
It says they have them in stock. I'll have to call them tomorrow and check.

*Crosses Fingers*

too_stand

Supramania Contributor
Jul 27, 2005
Campton Kentucky
If you were to get an engine set or clip and the engine was bad, I have 3 1jz long blocks in good shape and one short block 1jz, a couple still have the twins.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
too_stand;1069220 said:
If you were to get an engine set or clip and the engine was bad, I have 3 1jz long blocks in good shape and one short block 1jz, a couple still have the twins.

If anyone else needs one, I wouldn't ever hesitate to buy from this man. I've bought numerous things from him and I've never been disappointed.

Good luck sourcing out the parts black87. It's definately worth it once you get everything running properly.

makaveli913

1jz and lovin it
Nov 20, 2007
Pueblo Co
ok THis is how i got my clip last year. I searched everywhere and found a guy on ebay and here who had one. i got the money and ordered in October. he said a yard next to theirs had it. so i still agreed and waited. 3 three months pass and its in the country. But now im the IMPORTER. the port calls me and i have to pay customs exams, landing fees, ect. I get all that paid and it ships to denver. Now in denver it gots to get cleared by CUSTOMS. now the customs agent i get is a straight dick. He says the clip is classifed as a WHOLE CAR. It has to pass emissions tests, highway safety, GET REGISTERED,and all kinds of other BS!!!! It sits in denver a month and collects storage fees. The guy i got it from said he'll get it cleared with a certificate of orgin and he'll pay the storage fees. Ok now i get the orgin certificate and the customs agent laughs and says "that dont do nothing IT HAS TO PASS THE TESTS IM WAISTING MY MONEY AND TIME." :( I finally talk to another one agent. She i hella koo she suggests i call a broker. I call one in denver and he is the import master. He said to give him all the papers and he'll get it cleared the next day. HE put it as a OFF ROAD USE VEHICLE. Next day boom cleared!!!!!!!!!!!!! It gets shipped to my friends business. I get a chance to check it out in a couple of weeks and Its different from the one that i got pics of. the one i was posed to get had intake, sway bar, bov, intercooler, lower kms, lots of aftermarket stuff. I call the guy and he said that other one had bad compression so he sent this one cause it was all good. so thats cool i guess. Now a couple of months later i get a call from the place in denver saying they havent got paid for the storage. I give them the all the guys info and tell them to sue him not me. END Clip=2300 shipping=700 Port=300 broker=250

so if you do order one make sure its already in the country!!!! or if you want to be the importer check out astigracing.com they might have one

Dejvid1785

Boostaholic
Jan 27, 2008
Cumming, GA
NADAUTO in norcross ga still has clips. 770-416-1665. Try them thats where i got mine and they told me that they would have more clips mid july.

black89targa

Banned - (I'm st2b!)
Jun 15, 2008
versailles
suprahero;1069325 said:
Good luck sourcing out the parts black87. It's definately worth it once you get everything running properly.

I'm looking forward to this day :icon_bigg

Sorry to hear about that crazy story man, I will DEFINITELY make sure the clip I get is from the states.

And I'll try calling them on Monday, when it's not a holiday, or the weekend.

Wish me luck and thanks for the support guys!

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
There is a local shop here in Tacoma, that is sitting on a good low mileage 1JZ Supra clip, manual tranny. A few extra's came with it also, but he (owner) usually negotiates those goodies seperately. The front cut even has good body panels (Jade Mica) I think he wants $2500.00 for it. I can ask for you if you are interested. He also provides a disc that shows it running, and revving.
Hope that helps you.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
oowee623;1069119 said:
try ylmmotor.com they are located in duarte, california. they had stacks of jza70s when i bought mine last year,he said i was the first to buy one in 5 months. they usually run out of sr20's though
:bigthumb:

Gspeed.
YLM.
Driftmotion.
-haves clips come in still.

Thats the local cal shops.

It is verry true also about japan and steel! they recycle everything now and thats everything with gas prices through the roof with shipping they recycle every single thing on the car now so thats why they are stripped more now when they finaly get here also this is so crazy now cheap 2-300 ZC honda engines are going to 6-800 for just the engine swap alone this isnt a clip either I imagine pretty soon clips will get so high no one will buy them anymore except like sr20s or JZ top of the line engines.

Last edited:

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1070512 said:
:bigthumb:

Gspeed haves clips they are 2100 cash.
YLM haves clips they are 2499 cash.
Driftmotion haves clips with a wait period 1-2 months 2900

Thats the local cal shops.

It is verry true also about japan and steel! they recycle everything now and thats everything with gas prices through the roof with shipping they recycle every single thing on the car now so thats why they are stripped more now when they finaly get here also this is so crazy now cheap 2-300 ZC honda engines are going to 6-800 for just the engine swap alone this isnt a clip either I imagine pretty soon clips will get so high no one will buy them anymore except like sr20s or JZ top of the line engines.

I haven't seen any of the major known shops around here use S-chassis clips in probably 2 years. They just gave up and started using motor/ tranny/ acces. instead haha..

But yeah I just hope it wont become more convenient for the japanese to just recycle all scrap yard materials than to sell them to those who could use it. Fact is, government may be giving incentives or tax breaks.

On the other hand its sort of positive in that perhaps it will help with some individualism, something not commonly associated with swaps of this kind after a while. Its a shameful way to look at it, but theres still time for those such as the OP to get their foot in the door before watching prices really start to go up. (I think its good to see people work hard to get their car, personally I've about killed myself the past year and its totally worth all that money. Part of that was searching for a while to find a good motor that passed my personal specifications.)

macjac69

Supramania Contributor
Feb 5, 2007
Mississippi
Yea,
My clip horror story goes like this, bought and paid 4 one thru a reputable importer Apr 07, Aug 07 I finally get my clip, come to find out clip was containered shipped made it to west coast where customs nazi's classified it as a whole car so long story short clip was sent back to Japanese heaven dismantled and reshipped back to the states... Good luck and lotso patience will yield highly desired results!

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
I pieced my swap together if I had to do it again id do it the same way I did before... It took me 6 months to piece mine together only because I was waiting on money, If I would of had the money it would of only taken 1-2 months...

Also +1 for too_stand as I have also bought a lot from him in the past, great seller!

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
I went through JHOT and recieved one of their motorsets. The only thing missing will be the DS (can pay $40 extra to get it) and the hydrofan stuff. Everything else you might want to put in new (clutch master, clutch lines) or you could even concider an automatic 1jz swap.

black89targa

Banned - (I'm st2b!)
Jun 15, 2008
versailles
foreverpsycotic;1071931 said:
I went through JHOT and recieved one of their motorsets. The only thing missing will be the DS (can pay $40 extra to get it) and the hydrofan stuff. Everything else you might want to put in new (clutch master, clutch lines) or you could even concider an automatic 1jz swap.

Jhot doesn't have them in.

and I have thought about auto, but I have NOTHING good to say about them at all. I want to be able to choose my gears and I have not had one problem with my R154 in my 89. I have seen smoother transmissions but the R154 is RELIABLE (Other than the clutch) but that really has nothing to do with the physical transmission and they dont last forever anyways.