1j, 2j, 7m, powered off road vehicles

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
Has anyone ever built or seen a mud buggy, sand rail, or any other 1j, 2j, 7m powered off road vehicle? Maybe a jeep?

The concept of using one of these power plants peaked the interest of my mechanic friend that has fabricated other off road vehicles. If nothing else it would be different.

It seems to me that someone either has tried this and it doesn't work, or no one has thought of it. Hmmm, 6-700 hp 2j mounted in the rear of a buggy screaming accross the mud?

Sounds fun....

Jaguar_5

It's ALIVE!
Feb 7, 2006
Seattle
I don't remember who, but there is someone on here that is doing a 7MGTE swap into a... Toyota suv don't remember which, I think it was a Landcruiser

Just do it, theres no reason why you can't :) Except for budget maybe...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
www.supracharged.com

I'm very, very slowly building a high static CR 7mgte for my '94 Toyota Pickup. :) I have nearly everything I need, except for the time to actually do it. :(

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
^You sound like my bf.

He is building his 1990 Toyota 4x4 for a 7MGTE. He already has the tranny/bellhousing chosen, and made motor mounts for it and cut the front end to fit the radiator and electric fans. Now he just has to actually BUILD the motor... but is currently sidetracked by getting his Supra painted which has sat around for 3 or so years.

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
MassSupra89;1030075 said:
That's got to be one of the most unsafe things I've seen in awhile. That cage is pathetic.

its insane. no side bracing, or triangular structure... and the shocks will rip from that sheetmetal in notime.