1987 Toyota supra fixer upper

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
just an update. going through and fixing a couple of issues before i hit the street with this beast. one issue i have is when i push on the gas it struggles to rev up like its going to die but if i push and release the gas pedal a couple times then it revs up . and another issue is it idles at 1500 rpm instead of the normal idle rpms. im thinking the two issues is because my accordion is bad and is leaking. if anyone has a idea what else could be the problem let me know.

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
SrBigbutt;1587555 said:
I've seen your car. It needs to have all the vacuum leaks fixed.

yeah im thinking the same. but funny thing is it was running ok like this before i did the swap.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

NTRA08;1587604 said:
where is your dash :sarcasm: That blue supra looks like Rudy's old supra. A guy in tamina I know.

dash is back in .just had it out to fix a couple things. yes i bought the blue one from Rudy. i paid a good price for it. also bought that white whale tail spoiler from him to. and by the way love the terrance and phillip avatar. lol

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
No thats a duane and ian avatar. Yeah Rudy and I used to hang out before he fell off the face of the earth. i'm glad you took those gay stickers off the windshield. Did you get his custom box style FFIM from him too.

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
NTRA08;1587694 said:
No thats a duane and ian avatar. Yeah Rudy and I used to hang out before he fell off the face of the earth. i'm glad you took those gay stickers off the windshield. Did you get his custom box style FFIM from him too.

lol yeah they where a bit gay. no i didnt even know he had the custom box style FFIM but if i did i would have bought it from him too.

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
I think i saw his engine bay once or twice when he owned the car and to me it looked like a lot of african engineering. hopefully you have fixed all that

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
update for the beast. its runs. minor issues but it runs. got a nice custom accordian pipe made by NTRA08 and soon will have a nice radiator hard pipe made by NTRA08. heres some pics of the beautiful supra. lol

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

NTRA08 awsome work
sm_photo_missing.jpg

list of minor issues is
1. need to clean the fuel system
2. brakes a bit weak so need to bleed them some more
3. power steering leaking so very tight. will try some lucas power steering leak sealant to see if it seals the leak but if not will have to buy new rack & pinion.
4. still idles a bit funny but just need to fix vacuum system.

car is almost finished. interior is perfect. exterior needs some work and paint. all electrical (lights, radio, ext..) works just need a new or good passenger headlight motor. and i give a big thanks to NTRA08 and SrBigbutt for all their help. they really help me a lot.

Last edited:

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
Glad to see its on the ground. And it looks good when its clean. Did you take it for a spin? And what did you do about the vacuum line that hooks to the PS kick up? Now you need to do something about your camber.

SrBigbutt

Apr 26, 2009
Spring, TX
Congrats man. Glad you got that wiring issue figured out! Already looks a lot better than the last time I saw it. What did you do about the PCV? Are your Cam covers still just open to atmosphere?

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
NTRA08;1593888 said:
Glad to see its on the ground. And it looks good when its clean. Did you take it for a spin? And what did you do about the vacuum line that hooks to the PS kick up? Now you need to do something about your camber.

yup i took it for a little spin. it ran pretty good. but i couldnt keep it out to long due to i need to get the tags and registrations and inspection done then its ready for the streets. im thinking of pluging the ps like you told me about. and yeah i really do need to do something about the camber.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

SrBigbutt;1593936 said:
Congrats man. Glad you got that wiring issue figured out! Already looks a lot better than the last time I saw it. What did you do about the PCV? Are your Cam covers still just open to atmosphere?

thanks. you really helped me alot with the wiring issue. yeah i still havent fixed the vacuum system yet. i have my buddy NTRA08 helping me out. you should drop by one day and we can have a little fun with our supras.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

NTRA08;1593944 said:
I'm gonna make him a catch can tomorrow and I have a stock tube that he can have also.

yeah that would be awsome. if its not to much work for ya. and im going to talk to my father about those pipes you saw in my garage and maybe we can use them for a upper radiator hard line hose. it would take some cutting and welding but i know you good at that. and hey theres even enough there for the both of us.

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
and by the way that pos eclipse is for sale so if anyone wants it just hit me up with a pm. it is a 98 5 speed non-turbo 2.0L piece of shit. lol. im asking $2000 for it. i will have a for sale ad up for it soon.

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
i just came up with a awsome nickname for my supra. im calling it "The White Devil" kinda catchy.lol. well update on the white devil is im having NTRA08 make me some sweet custom parts. i will post pics up as soon as i get the parts in. NTRA08 is making me a custom catch can, custom radiator upper hard pipe, and adding a third nipple to the accordian hard pipe. i might get a ffim for my 7m but still dont know yet. then after that comes a 1jz or 2jz swap in the future (hopefully).

NTRA08

TWINKY
Jun 10, 2008
Conroe, Texas
almost there!!! baby steps

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

ha... I named my car Shelly

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
no problem take your time. i still need to get the tags and inspection so you got plenty time. lol Shelly is a good name. also forgot to put up there i might get the ffim and a bigger turbo using NTRA08 sweet invention with the bigger turbo to raise it up a bit. but i wont have to worry about the ic piping when i get the ffim. yeah this is after i finally get the job im going for and get back from pakistan with my future wife. sweet lol.

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

oh yeah and i still need to get the camber kit for it.

spawntaker

1jz lover
Nov 15, 2008
Conroe,Tx
ok i was bored today so i decided to take a couple pics. not much has been done. im going to get a passenger headlight motor in the next couple days. and also going to order the couplers for the radiator pipe too. lets see i think thats all i need to do. oh yeah and i going to get a new battery thanks to my amp. aaaarrrrggghhh. well heres some pics

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

as you can see i made the my own cam cover pvc piping. i bought some hoses from autozone and the cooper i got from home depot. looks a bit funny but it works. just need to clamp it in now. means i got to go back to autozone again. arrgghh. well ill put up pics when i get the radiator hose in.