1987 Supra Drift Build.....

aurastephen

Soo as the title states I have a 87 supra "drift" car. I have been building this car for 2 and a half years now. The engine is the 7mgte with JE pistons 0.040 over with eagle rods and clevite bearings block is machined, cleaned, decked balanced blah blah blah. The head is stock just cleaned and machined, I have the stock turbo for now cx racing rad and intercooler kit with hks knock off bov. As for the steering angle I originally had just cut bump stops with the steering damper removed and rocked that for one season but it wasnt enough soo I recently got soarer lower control arms and spindles with custom bushings and a custom upper control arm to correct caster, I intend on purchasing mk4 supra brakes and some coilovers sometime soon plus a few other goodies for the diff other bushings and rear control arms plus subframe collars.

almost in.jpg
almost there.jpg
clutch.jpg
engine.jpg
head.jpg
huge angle.jpg
installing.jpg
shiny.jpg
supra yeah.jpg
there it is.jpg

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Love these kinds of builds, subscribed. Get us a video of the drifting at some stage. Motor looks great same as the added angle so far

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
the okanogan valley..... seems like a dicey place to drift...

shit goes wrong and the choices are... cliff-face or lake.....

^are there tracks or events in that interior area?

otherwise that motor is a beauty.... almost too nice for a flat black missile... I like..

aurastephen

Your right its pretty sketchy ive smashed up my n/a one quite a bit, but its not too bad as long as you stick to the track. There is a track in penticton that I usually go to plus on vancouver island also a few people go across the border which isnt too far.

aurastephen

Does anybody have recommendations for what engine management you would run on this motor? Keep in mind I will be upgrading injectors, turbo, and building the head a bit more. I know there are a few out there im looking for bang for your buck but at the same time im not going to screw around with a cheap hack your harness system ive had enough wiring issues with these old wiring harness's.