130A Alternator ?

BTNH-LC

Chambered Edge Firearms
May 22, 2011
Las Cruces, NM
Hi all,
So here's the deal, I'm overheating after a lot of stop and go traffic with the AC on after converting to the Mishimoto dual electric fan setup. I've done and checked everything and nothing seems to keep it cool. If I turn off the AC it cools down and will never overheat, even boosting climbing hills. It's averaging over 100 degrees here so I need my AC.
It stumped me until a local supra guy asked if I still have the stock alternator and it clicked. So I'm upgrading to at least a 130A alternator so I can get the CFMs out of my fans.
Anyway, my question is, has anyone bought the upgraded fans off Ebay? If so are the any good? I know suprastore.com has one and a couple of people have told me it's good but money is tight right now and the one on ebay is half the price. So should I get the one off Ebay or should I bite the bullet and get the suprastore.com one?
Thanks.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Can get a taurus fan from the junkyards.

You need a lot of cfm out of the fans.

Mr2 alternator i believe is bolts and pushes 120 iirc.

This is also why the mechanical fan works better.

Also might need a extra little pusher fan for the other side on the condensor. There was one there stock,

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Im running a Taurus fan and a 140 amp alternator. I am also running a hybrid pulley on it because it doesn't spin fast enough at proper 650 rpm idle speed to put out enough juice.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Not hard at all they fit pretty perfect. All you have to do is make mounting to hold the top and wire it up properly through a 60 amp relay with thick wire. And of course get a higher output alternator as the fan on high speed pulls close to 60 amps

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Or you could just go to an oem fan and brand new $75 oem shroud, and never, ever worry about cooling again.
but that's just me.

ps- I had the flex-a-lite 210's. they cooled just fine...whenever the relays worked...and they were loud as hell.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
Yeah, ARE locally hooked it up with mine, we found a smaller pulley for it that wouldn't over speed the alternator to give it a little bit more rpm at idle. I would search around locally

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
GrimJack;1732003 said:
A good alternator / starter shop can build you at least a 190amp alternator that still fits in the stock housing.

wish i had one locally..

YourEnemy;1732023 said:
I've been running an MR2 alternator for the past two years

Dang nab! sweet

noel

Uchiha Member
May 5, 2008
Miami, Florida, United States
Im planning on switching to an mr2 alternator as well....can anybody shed some light on what year and if the power steering makes a difference....autopartswarehouse.com sales mr2 alternators that range from 70-100 amps im hopeing to get the 100 amp

BTNH-LC

Chambered Edge Firearms
May 22, 2011
Las Cruces, NM
^^^ Thats the one I think I'm gonna pick up. Nobody in town seems to have the experience remanning alts here in town.

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
Dont kill yourself over an alternator. Just order this one and be done with it. For less than 90 shipped and 1 year warranty , you can't beat it. I have been running this same alternator for about 2 years now and no problems at all . Mind you if you gonna be running 2000 watt audio system you might want a 160 or higher. Good luck i been runing my Hifonics 1500rms mono amp and my 12" kicker L7 and my light dont dim or twitch at all at full volume :) .

HERES THE 130 AMP
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYO...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27bc053a70

HERES THE 160 AMP

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOYO...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a6413858a

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

Just in case you need a wiring kit for that Taurus fan , this guys seem to know what they are doing.

http://www.thehollisterroadcompany.com/default.html

Surf around the site there is a couple of install pics. Good luck :beer: