1300 Kg Track SUPRA project

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
set of track wheels are 18x10" front and 18x11" rear I have the fenders touched
the ETs is 65 front plus a 25 mm adapter 63 rear wit 25+3 mm adapter and spacer (spacer-adapter to Porsche wheels) the 3mm is optional. I got those 3mm with the rear brakes from A.P.B.
wy plus 3 mm? to eliminate the 5 mm difference between the front and rear track, for all who don t know that the front track is 5 wider than the rear supra track on our Mk3s

regards

Last edited:

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
black wheels with semi slicks R888 testing the engine
ascari103octanos2011003.jpg

Shot at 2011-06-19

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

but with the wite wheel.....
ascari103octanos2011048.jpg

Shot at 2011-06-19

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
Hi! Van
I havent notice or remember that slice from the back on that corner but I have a problem with the body roll
but maybe I was pushing to mutch with cold tyres, like you can see I just pass the black honda and going to catch the other white honda jeje

after that day and looking the tyres , they looks like they never take a good temperature due an incorrect tyre pressure.

about the rear wing , i tried some different positions and on a fast corners it may be set on a lower possition (cause understeers) but in the future I will try some front cannards and biger lip to get more grip at the front to use a medium position rear wing and see what happens.

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
I will make a separated thread with the geabox
most probably this week end
but I dont know in what section??

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
awesome car mate...

very jealous of your gearbox.

noticed in your pics you have a woodward steerign column... i just pickec up a 30" one off ebay but wont have it for abother 2 weeks. What length is yours?

as for 1300 kilos, not sure what your category permits but should be able to get alot lighter (im aiming for 1100 kilos)

also - how wide is your rear wing? theres a 1630mm wid fabcar one forsale but dont quiet think its wide enough :(. yours looks pretty good

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
with the ultimates mods the weight low very close to 1300 kg
for example it weight 15 kg less with the new rear brake system , removing the hand brake also and at the front i removed and changed some heavyest souports with others in aluminium plus the diference with the race wheels (4 kg each!!!)
so 4x4 =16+15+somenthing like 6 or 7 Kg =less 36 kg but also I changed the gearbox and clutch (Spec double with custom alu flywheel) and the driveshaft is now in carbon fibre so after see if the new gearbox is hevyest or lightest than the r154 I hope to be lowered the overal weight till close to the 1300 kg.

on a papers the gearbox is 35 kg but no sure because when I was fitting it on the car .... not sure hehe

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
disturbed1;1733342 said:
awesome car mate...

very jealous of your gearbox.

noticed in your pics you have a woodward steerign column... i just pickec up a 30" one off ebay but wont have it for abother 2 weeks. What length is yours?

as for 1300 kilos, not sure what your category permits but should be able to get alot lighter (im aiming for 1100 kilos)

also - how wide is your rear wing? theres a 1630mm wid fabcar one forsale but dont quiet think its wide enough :(. yours looks pretty good

Thanks
yes the gearbox is a fantastic unit
look the video inboard (video section)
but it is noissy, they have an options with helico gears but the ratios wasnt good for my.
soon a thread of how I fitted it with the 7MGTE but I am waiting for the moderators hehehe

the rear wing is 63" (1630 mm) the supra is 1740 mm wide I love it how it looks and how it work
it work very well at hig speed at the lower position , lower drag and well overal with the bomex front, on a slow track I adjust it at the midle position and a little lowed at the front
my category is free mods jeje

1100 kg!!!!!!!!!!! uff i think it is very dificult on a caged supra
theBastos supra claim 1200 kg like Lorddigital saed
but with a small engine ike one from Sierra cosworth and plexy glass plus carbon all arround plus mag wheels , without front lights, small batery plus full alu coilovers and maybe we can get 1200 kg but 1100!!!! look dificult.

yes woodward ,nice nice, they have a distributor in Europe hehe nice guys also.
mine is ...uff I dont remember , let me see, in other forum I have a thread about how to fit it in a supra mk3 i will try to fid it.
yes! the 20-3/4 plus the SL17 plus the QRNA-2 plus the SBC-1 plus an steering wheel adapter 3 to 6 bolts plus a 85 mm dipped steering wheel
I have mine boltted with the standar front dashboard bar just where the stock toyota columm is attached with two braquets
I have pictures of it if you like to see how I have mine atached fully adjustable.

disturbed1

Jan 10, 2006
perth
josbeat;1733445 said:
Thanks
yes the gearbox is a fantastic unit
look the video inboard (video section)
but it is noissy, they have an options with helico gears but the ratios wasnt good for my.
soon a thread of how I fitted it with the 7MGTE but I am waiting for the moderators hehehe

the rear wing is 63" (1630 mm) the supra is 1740 mm wide I love it how it looks and how it work
it work very well at hig speed at the lower position , lower drag and well overal with the bomex front, on a slow track I adjust it at the midle position and a little lowed at the front
my category is free mods jeje

1100 kg!!!!!!!!!!! uff i think it is very dificult on a caged supra
theBastos supra claim 1200 kg like Lorddigital saed
but with a small engine ike one from Sierra cosworth and plexy glass plus carbon all arround plus mag wheels , without front lights, small batery plus full alu coilovers and maybe we can get 1200 kg but 1100!!!! look dificult.

yes woodward ,nice nice, they have a distributor in Europe hehe nice guys also.
mine is ...uff I dont remember , let me see, in other forum I have a thread about how to fit it in a supra mk3 i will try to fid it.
yes! the 20-3/4 plus the SL17 plus the QRNA-2 plus the SBC-1 plus an steering wheel adapter 3 to 6 bolts plus a 85 mm dipped steering wheel
I have mine boltted with the standar front dashboard bar just where the stock toyota columm is attached with two braquets
I have pictures of it if you like to see how I have mine atached fully adjustable.

hmm did tell this bloke his 63" wing was too small. may have to reconsider!

i have a tremec tko-500 in my street car and i rekon its prob just as noisy as your straight cut box - atleast yours has a cool elemet to it haha

as for 1100 kilo, my supra tipped the scales at 1180 withoiut a cage and light rims on it. then jumped up to 1240 with the addition of heavier 3 piece rims, 6 point bolt in cage and few other bits and pieces.

heres a list of the mods since installed/need to be fitted up... a heavier cage (+15 kilos), woodwarde column (-5), 7m motor swapped out for 1jz (no idea about difference there - guessperhaps -10kg gt30 lighter then a trust t78), fiberglass doors with lexan windows (-50), lightweight rims (-10), pedal box( prob no diff), frotn jic arms (+5), wing (+5), aluminium body coiloverswith lighteight springs, previously had tein has (-10), fiberglass bonnet deletign headlights (-15), carbon tailshaft if i ever have enough cash to burn (-10), full spool to replace my welded diff (-10), arc hollow swaybars (-8) and im sure a few more minor things which involve n angle grinder

all up a reduction in 100 kilos from the 1240 state taking me well into the 11XXs. rekon it will be a strugle to get it much lighter. fiberglass hatch with lexan prob a surefire weight to drop another 30 kilos but prob not something i will do. would light to fit a manual rack to the car though!

Last edited:

spiller

Mar 5, 2008
Australia/Chicago
APR performance in the states do a really nice wing for the jza80 which is 67" (1701mm) wide which I think would suit nicely. I'm sure it could be mated to the A70 with minimal work, otherwise they also do a universal wing in the same width. 1500 USD though but looks like absolute quality.
http://aprperformance.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=44

What are the advantages of the woodwarde steering column otter than the weight savings? Does it sharpen up the steering at all? Really hate the vagueness of the stock steering rack.

Last edited:

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
63" is big.... my firt idea was the 57" and I think it is the ideal , with the 63" some times it looks bigger than the car but I will not change it
I was looking those wings before Spiller but they have to mutch drag so the idea is a simple wing with low drag and good downforce
1 year ago , the firts photos

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
really it have some avantages , with the woodward you must to have it with buquets because with it the steering wheel can be set at the midle of the seat perfectly, other is the weight and other the safety .... ahh and other is , removing the steering wheel is more easy to go inside and outside hehe