12.6 @ 118, dyno 515hp/503tq

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Stock 7M-GTE engine with metal head gasket and 62mm billet HTA3586 turbo, ARP rod & head bolts. Stock ECU with SAFC, Lexus AFM, 550cc injectors, water/methanol injection.

These pulls were done in 85 degree weather on a mix of 92 pump and C16 race fuel, plus the water/meth.

The red lines show my pump gas tune, on the rich side for extra safety at the torque peak.

dyno515.jpg

Timeslip12 6.jpg

Drags@PNW 099.jpg

Drags@PNW 108.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnR-JyH7f-0

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
good times man, but with your power levels should you be seeing the lower side of the 12's? i guess the extra wide-body weight didn't do you any good there(looks good though ;)) what gears are you running? how was traction? The 60' wasn't too bad.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Those times were with drag radials, and he couldn't get them properly hot for the launch. If he can shave a few tenths off the 60 foot times, and this shouldn't be a difficult proposition, he'll be in the low 12s for sure.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Supra_Villan;1373955 said:
good times man, but with your power levels should you be seeing the lower side of the 12's? i guess the extra wide-body weight didn't do you any good there(looks good though ;)) what gears are you running? how was traction? The 60' wasn't too bad.
Yeah, my car is on the portly side, targa with a full stereo and subwoofer, 3950lbs with me in it. Traction was pretty good with Duane's drag radials, although they may have slipped a bit. Running a stock 5 speed and rear gears, I think they are 3.93 being an '87. I don't have a 2-step or anti-lag so I was just revving it up and slip launching it. I'm sure low 12's are possible, and 11's would be easy with an auto. I only had 4 passes down this track with the new setup, and just wanted to break 12's and call it a day, and prolong the life of my full-face organic ACT clutch ;)

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
tekdeus;1373987 said:
Yeah, my car is on the portly side, targa with a full stereo and subwoofer, 3950lbs with me in it. Traction was pretty good with Duane's drag radials, although they may have slipped a bit. Running a stock 5 speed and rear gears, I think they are 3.93 being an '87. I don't have a 2-step or anti-lag so I was just revving it up and slip launching it. I'm sure low 12's are possible, and 11's would be easy with an auto. I only had 4 passes down this track with the new setup, and just wanted to break 12's and call it a day, and prolong the life of my full-face organic ACT clutch ;)
good job man, kudos on an organic clutch lol

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
Nice times, and your car looks great in the pics. Your 1/8th mph is a little low compared to your 1/4 mile mph. I bet a harder launch would get you 120+mph along with better times. That's the fun part about racing, you can always improve.

Last edited:

zambini

Jan 16, 2008
Detroit, MI
yeah good 1/4 mile times are great but clutch jobs arent very fun!

youre right around corvette z06 hp and 1/4 mile times though, and they only weigh 3175.. props!

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
IJ.;1374190 said:
Would have trapped higher if you'd fixed the headlights Brad ;)
Most people probably think I leave them up for looks. The truth is, I haven't had a chance to install my hidden hood pins, and the front left corner of the hood lifts a good 1" at higher speeds, and the headlights help keep that front lip out of the air and reduce the hood lift. :biglaugh:

Supra28;1374173 said:
Those are some really nice numbers. What kind of BOV are you using?
Ironically, an Australian brand called "Go Fast Bits" :biglaugh:

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
tekdeus;1374381 said:
Most people probably think I leave them up for looks. The truth is, I haven't had a chance to install my hidden hood pins, and the front left corner of the hood lifts a good 1" at higher speeds, and the headlights help keep that front lip out of the air and reduce the hood lift. :biglaugh:

Ironically, an Australian brand called "Go Fast Bits" :biglaugh:

LMAO try some
STD_Logo.gif

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Supra_Villan;1373962 said:
btw keep the ccw's on all the time or give them to me, i'll use em :D

They are my wheels, he borrowed them for the track. These radials will hook on a proper track and he can run his low 12's. :) This was a deserted airport runway.

Nice Brad, lets do this again soon!

TTYL
Duane

frontierguy25

Mar 26, 2007
TX
MRSUPRA;1374064 said:
Nice times, and your car looks great in the pics. Your 1/8th mph is a little low compared to your 1/4 mile mph. I bet a harder launch would get you 120+mph along with better times. That's the fun part about racing, you can always improve.

I was going to say the same thing. Your car picked up a ton on the big end 25mph. Your 1/8 mile seems really slow. I've done 8.1 @ 90mph with a 2.0 60' on only 420rwhp. Look at your fuel map and see what you can do to gain some more low end power.

edit, nevermind, didn't see duanes post. that explains t all.

Great Car!!! One of my favorites!!