1.5JZ Mahogany Brown Supra Project - Lots of pics

rokit1man

Jan 27, 2011
Kansas
Your Supra looks great and appreciate you sharing all the pics of the progress. The Defi gauges look awesome! I think the tach and speedo would look trick to if there was a way to match them up with the lighting. The XXR wheels look really nice and fit well with the body. Do you have the specs of the wheel fitment?

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
rmjsupra;1892303 said:
I did not know there was anyone rebuilding 1jz twins. Issue is they are to small, so on the top end they fall short past 5500 rpm, my engine rev's to 7300, my new turbo pulls the whole way

Albert on this forum rebuilt mine, did it with gt28 internals with the bigger wheel and clip I'm hoping they flow a little past 5500 rpm especially with the bc 272 small core cams I got.
It's a street car though not a drag queen so boost is quick and thats whats needed =)

rmjsupra

Mar 11, 2009
Moorpark
www.rmjmotorsports.com
Honestly I found out the car had been resprayed by the original owner (person I bought it from) around 2006. The car is an original 86.5 brown (not mahagany) but the respray is not a dead on match, as I have tried to match it with no luck.

Car will be resprayed again by me in the future, and I will be leaving it brown, cause it's grown on me.

Plan on cleaning up the interior a bit more and maybe a couple of things on the exterior. For now the engine is all good, more power is always nice, but really over 450 WHP is not to bad. Thinking of 500 and that should be easy with a 14psi wastegate spring and 18-20 boost

rmjsupra

Mar 11, 2009
Moorpark
www.rmjmotorsports.com
AWesome on the Twins. Ya boost came on fast witht the stocks. Right know I get boost around 3200 so not upset about that.

Wheels: XXR 962 (have a hard time spending 2000+ on Wheels lol) 18x8.5 front and 18x9.5 rear both 35 offset.

On the dash I actually did a full LED light conversion to the OEM so it does light up pretty similar to the DEFI

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Wow, an UPDATE... and GOOD one at that!;)

Keep that nice color... rarely seen and very catchy in my opinion. Sounds like the car is really coming together to be a classy animal!:)

...keep up the good work.

-crisp