1.5 JZ displacement?

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
Jeff Lange said:
Changing the head wouldn't change displacement anyways. Bore x Stroke.

I could of told you guys that along time ago :nono: ....

I asked the question a while ago on whats the difference in flow charectoristics between the 1jz and 2jz heads.....seems the 1jz has smaller ports for faster flowing exhaust? Quickens spool up time.....for track racing/drifting where power must be at every tap of the gas pedal...no lag.

am i correct in this?

-Jonathan

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
How is the torque on a 1.5J vs the 1J? Is is worth the 2K for a JDM 2J motor in addition to the 1J front clip for the swap plus $400 for a new MHG w/ARPs to do the transplant? Any comments...

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
csnow said:
How is the torque on a 1.5J vs the 1J? Is is worth the 2K for a JDM 2J motor in addition to the 1J front clip for the swap plus $400 for a new MHG w/ARPs to do the transplant? Any comments...

DUDE! What are you talking about? All you have to do is swap out the shortblock. Why spend the money on a USED, worn out 2JZ for $2k when you can pay $500 or more and have a BRAND NEW 2JZ shortblock from Toyota, shipping included? Sure, you would get some other goodies, but why buy more than you need?

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
You sure a short block is only 2500 for a 2J new? I priced a short block for a 7M and it was around $2400 so I figured a 2J would be much higher.

csnow

Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
Ur right there drunk medic. Called Jay Marks and a new shortblock is 2200 plus 80 freight. Wow... a 2J shortblock is cheaper than a 7M shorblock- who would have figured. Thanks for the tip! And to think I thought medics were losers when I was in the Army :)

siman

Lifetime Ban
Mar 31, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
www.cardomain.com
The shortblocks have problems:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143023&highlight=toyota+2jz+shortblock

so take it apart when you recieve it, then rebuild it with OEM specs...check for ANYTHING wrong...clean the crank and pistons and block at a machine shop....

Again, no one has answered my question about the 1jz head flowing better at lower rpm than the 2jz head? Would it be becuase:

1. the head has smaller ports thus the air would flow FASTER and create a faster spool effect on a given turbo????? :icon_conf

-Jonathan