02 Chevy Impala OEM amp

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
I was talking with my bartender last night and the amp for her OEM radio in her Impala LS is shot and is getting sick of singing to her self on the way to work, lol. She says it is a common problem with these Impala's having the amp go out. She has bought 3 different amps for local junk yards and all of them she returned because they were also blowen :(.

Gm wants 600+ bucks for a new one and frankley that is way to much money if you ask me. So my question is dose any one know of a place to have the OEM amp rebuilt that is reliable or where she can find a good working OEM amp. Im sure ebay has some but again run the chance of that amp also being smoked can be high.

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
has she considered swapping in a cheaper aftermarket amp?

My Kicker 4 channel amp was $300, and it pushes 850w RMS. Aftermarket amps that'll run factory speakers wouldn't be more than $100. Installation wouldn't be as straight forward, but it should definitely work.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
ya she has but dosent want to mess around with install cost or aftermarket stuff. She just wants some tunes in her DD.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
True it might, but finding the correct wireing harness to connect to a aftermarket amp might not be too fun.