wire tucking project

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
Here's the bay after a good toothbrush scrub, and pressure washing. I need to paint that rad support... Bad.. one step at a time though. Trying to do everything right the first time
IMAG0462.jpg
IMAG0463.jpg
IMAG0464.jpg

Looks 1000x times better. Minus that support..

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
I pulled the harness thru the back hole in the
Fender well. The whole front harness from the passenger side over to the driverside had to b pulled thru the front of the car, thru the hole in the front of the drivers side fender well. Next to the fuse box. The body harness needs to come thru the hole befor the fuse box plugs come thru. Then your bay is harness free. You just have to relocate everything ( fuse box, relays, ect).

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Supraguy7M;1941060 said:
The whole front harness from the passenger side over to the driverside had to b pulled thru the front of the car, thru the hole in the front of the drivers side fender well. Next to the fuse box.
Ok maybe I'm beyond high on my pain meds, but you lost the hell out of me.

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
The body harness. Its connected to the fuse box harness. It "y's" off into the front of the car, under the rad support. It has all the plugs for your horns, lights, and your washer fluid pumps. That has to b pulled thru the hole near the fuse box first in order to get the rest of the harness for the engine compartment (fuse panel and relays) thru and into the fender well.

Hopefully that clarifys what I meant.to explain the first time lol

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
IMAG0449.jpg
That's the begining of pulling the harness out of the passengers side.

IMAG0451.jpg
That's all of the harness from the passengers side to the drives side. That's all the wires that have to go thru that one hole. Its tricky, but it can b done.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
yeah.........and seeing that mess is the reason I have not even attempted it yet. I will though when I get home, and after replacing the shocks, brakes ( rotors and pads all around) steering rack, and downpipe ( so I can finally put my NuR spec on this 2J)...... Then I might have to hire this guy I met on here, Supraguy7M to come down to TN and do a full wire tuck for me. lol.

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
91Supra313;1941105 said:
yeah......and seeing that mess is the reason I have not even attempted it yet. I will though when I get home, and after replacing the shocks, brakes ( rotors and pads all around) steering rack, and downpipe ( so I can finally put my NuR spec on this 2J)...... Then I might have to hire this guy I met on here, Supraguy7M to come down to TN and do a full wire tuck for me. lol.

Lol^ that mess made me wanna stop but once you get into it you can't turn back. Its a pain for sure, but its more time consuming then anything. TN.. would b a fun cruise and change of scenery. Lol

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Hey man I will pay for the entire trip too! Let me find my Monopoly game and grab a few $500 pieces out of it. Oh and the get out of jail free card. lol.

Back to a serious topic now, If you had to guess how much time and cash has gone into this project.

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
Lol. Cash as of now, none. Just using tools and stuff that I already had. I've got about 4-5 hours into it now. I have wires to extend now so its going to take a couple more hours I'm sure.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
I will have to get in touch with you off of this site if that is cool with you once I get home in the beginning of July when I decide to start on this same project.

Scooter7M

Apr 16, 2013
Hopkinsville, KY
I'm in the process of doing mine following your instructions. I've got a spare engine harness that I'll be using to help with a complete tuck. So far I've got just the passenger side done. I'll do some more when I get the time as this is my daily.

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
Yeah. They need to b removed. Where I'm drilling my holes to hide the harness I have to move my power steering cooler lines out of the way. So I pulled the bumper off along with the cover.

Scooter7M

Apr 16, 2013
Hopkinsville, KY
Alright so i got my passenger side all squared away and im probably gonna work on the drivers side tomorrow. I have another question, the engine harness connects to the ignitor, the injector relay box, a little square thing thats grounded, and another plug. whats the other plug connect to? the wires go into the body harness and seeing as youve done this, i was hoping you could tell me what t connect to without having to dig in more that what i have to. any info will be greatly apreciated.