wire tucking project

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
The igniter definitely needs a ground. Many people had ignition problems after powder coating the igniter's mount. I believe that the injector resistors are fine without.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
how about some pics of it? I would love to see a build thread on this type of thing so that we can all see how it is done. I have a ton of stuff in the engine bay and I doubt I need most of it since I have a 2JZ swapped in.

Sep 7, 2009
Cambridge
91Supra313;1939846 said:
how about some pics of it? I would love to see a build thread on this type of thing so that we can all see how it is done. I have a ton of stuff in the engine bay and I doubt I need most of it since I have a 2JZ swapped in.

still thinking a stickied thread would be good, perhaps with posts outlining what has been done and where it is now...

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
I do all of my work outside, and don't have access to a pressure washer at the moment, so my bays pretty grimy looking. So with that being said if you all don't mind that ill throw up some pictures of what I've done.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Me and you have to talk that is for sure. I have a ton of stuff that I would like to do this to but I have no clue as to how to go about hiding it.

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
I'm gunna tuck my sensors up into the frame rails better but here's it now. That's all tucked into the fender well.
IMAG0429.jpgIMAG0427.jpg

I moved all the sensors up into the frame rail. I ran a ground wire to the injector resistor just to b safe.
IMAG0430.jpgIMAG0431.jpg

I have all the abs wires and wiper motor wires run into the original fender well hole (hidden very well by the abs unit)
IMAG0432.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0428.jpg
    IMAG0428.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
I didn't have to extend any of them. The ones for the abs unit are just long enough to make it out to the fender well. If you remove you abs unit, there is a factory hole In the fender well where the wires came thru. I just pulled the harness back thru that hole and figured out what I had to work with without cutting wires.

Supraguy7M

7m forever!
Jan 9, 2013
bennington vermont
Just the inner plastic. Im going to get started on the driver side in the morning. Ill take pictures and continue posting them here.

The only thing that I am unsure of at the moment is if I wanna go to the extreme of relocating the fuse block, ill b using the car as a daily until winter months come once its done, so I'm trying to maintain some level of functionality and still tuck the bay

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Subscribing to this one for sure! Please let me know where you go through for the drivers side. I will be home in 40 days so this is looking more and more like I might do it while the suspension is getting a nice rebush job