why I will always keep my car 7m

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Albert;1896640 said:
I had more torque than a 2jz at 7500rpm
Its early on will the 2jz get me in its torque curve

Pfff thats funny quit serving people shit. We both know that it depends on the setups of the motors and how will it affect the tq curve. You cant generalize something like that.

Dont say it was my 2j cause I redline at 6800 so you have no idea if it had more tq or not. My 2j isnt up to par of what most are so saying you beat my 2j isnt saying much

Last edited:

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
DOUBL3 D;1896621 said:
Exactly!!! We did a few pulls on only 10psi and it was still crazy. Probably the best sounding import I've ever heard. By the time I ripped the 7m out and had it rebuilt the right way I may as well just have done a 1jz swap, and to me that's well worth it

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Same here, I looked at like 4 mk3s then this 4th was a 1j and I was done. My friend has wanted a 2j since he got his mk3, then I took him for a ride. 18 psi and meth, he forgot about 2js.

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
gurley0916;1896645 said:
Pfff thats funny quit serving people shit. We both know that it depends on the setups of the motors and how will it affect the tq curve. You cant generalize something like that.

Dont say it was my 2j cause I redline at 6800 so you have no idea if it had more tq or not. My 2j isnt up to par of what most are so saying you beat my 2j isnt saying much

Yeah I know. I didnt Say all 2JZ. Just yours :p

Here is the Graph:
Dustins Dyno.jpg
As you can see, you get Peak around 4400(460rwtrq?). by 6500, its dropped off. If you revved to 7500, it probably be at 300 ;P

Mine:
p1896667_1.jpg

Mine Also hits at 4400(375rwtrq?) by 6500 I hit my peak(408Rwtrq) by 7500 it drops off to 350.

Im on a .68ar, you were on a .81ar.

still the 2jz gobs more torque.

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
I'm going for 400whp max on a small turbo, probably a 57 trim ct-26, with machined USDM 2JZ cams. That's all I'm planning, I want to keep it reliable. The 2JZ's cost isn't worth the price for me. Plus after hearing it side by side with a 430whp 2jzgte mk4, I think ill have the 1jz regardless :)

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
DOUBL3 D;1896674 said:
I'm going for 400whp max on a small turbo, probably a 57 trim ct-26, with machined USDM 2JZ cams. That's all I'm planning, I want to keep it reliable. The 2JZ's cost isn't worth the price for me. Plus after hearing it side by side with a 430whp 2jzgte mk4, I think ill have the 1jz regardless :)

going 1j and 2j is the same price these days

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
BoostMonger;1896726 said:
At least I've never taken off my valve covers :p

ive never taken mine off either. just build it right the first time, and if you want to compare apples to grapefruits, mibrum 7m>all

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
IndigoMKII;1896734 said:
ive never taken mine off either. just build it right the first time

You can build an engine without taking the valve covers off? Do you do that for a living? You should, and drive Hennessey out of business.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
supranasty;1896725 said:
All the hassel just to see 12 second et's .
That's why I stay 7M .Lol

And it sounds Good
The ONLY thing I regret about my 1jz swap? The sound. Mine sounds good, don't get me wrong. However, it really only sounds good in boost, or at higher rpm. My buddy Rich has a 7m, that sounds good. ALL. THE. TIME.

However, one more reason I like the 1jz platform? Parts availability. Keep an eye on the FS section sometime. Notice how many 7m cars/engines are being parted out/scrapped? Notice how many heads and blocks are more or less beyond their useful specification? Now considering the 7m was only put in Toyotas for what, 7 years, in what, 3-4 cars? The JZ has been put in how many different cars, and for how long?

Last I checked, it was in pretty much anything that was RWD and made by Toyota, and nearly 20 years. The thing is the SBC/LS of the Toyota world my friend...

The 7m will always have a place, just not under the hood of MY Mk3. However, the Mk2 someday...

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
te72;1896782 said:
The ONLY thing I regret about my 1jz swap? The sound. Mine sounds good, don't get me wrong. However, it really only sounds good in boost, or at higher rpm. My buddy Rich has a 7m, that sounds good. ALL. THE. TIME.

However, one more reason I like the 1jz platform? Parts availability. Keep an eye on the FS section sometime. Notice how many 7m cars/engines are being parted out/scrapped? Notice how many heads and blocks are more or less beyond their useful specification? Now considering the 7m was only put in Toyotas for what, 7 years, in what, 3-4 cars? The JZ has been put in how many different cars, and for how long?

Last I checked, it was in pretty much anything that was RWD and made by Toyota, and nearly 20 years. The thing is the SBC/LS of the Toyota world my friend...

The 7m will always have a place, just not under the hood of MY Mk3. However, the Mk2 someday...

That's exactly where my old 7m will eventually be going

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
te72;1896782 said:

to quote myself (I normally wouldn't):
Dylan JZ;1816003 said:
I'll agree in regards to the U.S., but on a worldwide scale the 1JZGTE was produced in more chassis for a longer period of time.. The 2JZGTE was only available in 3 chassis/2 models in its lifetime, the JZS147/JZS161 Aristo 93-05 (Japan only) and JZA80 Supra Turbo 93-02 (93-98 U.S.). The 1J was available in seven different chassis and seven different models (including the variations like wagons), none of which made it to the U.S.: JZX81/JZX90/JZX100/JZX110 (Cresta, Mark II, Chaser, Verossa), JZA70 Supra Turbo, JZZ30 Soarer GT, and JZS170 Crown, years '90-'03.

They have huge 1JZ meets in other countries (Brazil and Japan come to mind) that are far larger than anything 2JZ meet related (if there is such a thing—I haven't seen it).

it doesn't get much more prevalent than that.. it was the main workhorse turbo motor for years and years.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
BoostMonger;1896756 said:
You can build an engine without taking the valve covers off? Do you do that for a living? You should, and drive Hennessey out of business.

Actually yes, you can. See, my engine came to me in pieces so I 'installed' my valve covers, didn't have to take them off to put my engine together. :p

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
To the OP, nice numbers especially for just a DDP.

On the other hand, this thread started as a 7M thread to "7M vs 1j" to "1j vs 2j". LOL. Didn't know there was such a thing as "1j vs 2j" haha.

Anyhow, how long will it take for the Supra community to understand....7M > ALL? :icon_conf

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
IndigoMKII;1896883 said:
Actually yes, you can. See, my engine came to me in pieces so I 'installed' my valve covers, didn't have to take them off to put my engine together. :p

Oh you sneaky dog :rolleyes:

kakanator

Apr 25, 2010
Fresno, California, United States
Supra28;1897123 said:
To the OP, nice numbers especially for just a DDP.

On the other hand, this thread started as a 7M thread to "7M vs 1j" to "1j vs 2j". LOL. Didn't know there was such a thing as "1j vs 2j" haha.

Anyhow, how long will it take for the Supra community to understand....7M > ALL? :icon_conf

Thanks man I built the motor myself and I am very happy with my numbers. The way I started the thread did seem that way, I raced 2j swapped cars and they are slower in a straight line with bigger turbo and a bit more power it not worth 2200 bucks to swap in a j motor and still be slower than a stock 7m.

DOUBL3 D

Banned
Aug 22, 2010
Chesterfield,MO
www.facebook.com
kakanator;1897156 said:
Thanks man I built the motor myself and I am very happy with my numbers. The way I started the thread did seem that way, I raced 2j swapped cars and they are slower in a straight line with bigger turbo and a bit more power it not worth 2200 bucks to swap in a j motor and still be slower than a stock 7m.

IIRC the Jdm supra 2.5r ran 13.6 in the quarter mile, I believe a stock 7m (stock turbo elbow and boost) would struggle to get mid 14s.

If you're racing big single JZ motors and they're loosing to you with your said mods then those guys are doing something wrong. Not trying to be an a-hole or burst your bubble just common sense

Last edited: