why I will always keep my car 7m

kakanator

Apr 25, 2010
Fresno, California, United States
So I have been racing some of my friends cars and they have more power and some also have motor swaps. I did a dyno pull with 10 pounds of boost with stock injectors and stock ct with a ddp full 3 inch all the way back stock inter cooler and a blitz bov and made 247 hp no tq numbers that's it.

The motor was re-built by my last year it has 145 psi across all 6 cylinders with hks 1.2mm hg arps new npr pistons all new bearings gaskets all that. How am I doing strait line pulls and beating these modded cars.

First one was a mk2 gutted with a na 2j vvti swap he had no chance. Then I raced my friends srt4 on 17 pounds full 3 inch to a cut out making 300 tq and 270 whp also pulled him. Then just the other day I raced my friend that has a mk3 2j-ge-na-t swap 8 pounds on a 72 mm turbo and I pulled him no prob.

I don't get it the next race with be my friend with a mk3 2j-gte stock twins 10 pounds 309 whp and my 2j-na-t friend bead him already so I just don't get it.
They keep saying its my diff the gearing is the best or something its a 92 na automatic lsd diff swap. Soon I will do a last dyno pull to get my tq numbers before I put my 60 trim on and my ffim and ffic and 560cc injectors on to see what I'm at.

Anyone have a clue why I am not getting my ass handed to me?

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
Your friends can't drive? Sorry man, but an srt4 on 17psi will be a pretty quick car, and should be beating you. Also...you hp numbers are low IMO. But maybe it's just me. I'm thinking you are making more power then the dyno is telling you, or your friends just can't drive.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Devin LeBlanc;1894775 said:
Sounds like friends need driver mod. lol

^This or like airhead said, dyno needs to be properly calibrated but your mods sound about right for stock everything minus full exhaust. Change your intake filter and go with full hardpipe and you'll notice a bit more.

thebigbadbanana

May 19, 2009
Middle TN
I'm gonna have to go with everyone else and go with the driver mod idea. Haha
It's surprising what being in the right gear at the right time can do for you if the other guy doesn't know how to play to to his/her advantages. Well, that's from a roll racing perspective, anyway. From a dig, I've seen some really nice cars get embarrassed up through second gear thanks to a shoddy launch. :burnout:

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Videos do make these threads better.. Or at least pictures of the cars being talked about.

I'm a visual person lol.

I'm thinking that you are making more power then you think or know.

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
Albert do you have any track times with that 1JZ ?
7M's do amazingly some how when they are working .Which is half the time I admit.

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Albert;1894848 said:
At 18psi I made 507rwhp on my 1jz. Daily it and beat the shit out of it.

I really need my 1j tuned, I'm already at 20 psi

To OP, there's just something about 7Ms, my friend has an all stock gte on 10 psi and he'd give me a struggle when I was on 14 psi before meth.

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

kakanator

Apr 25, 2010
Fresno, California, United States
well the dyno I did was a hot day 98+ the record run was in third and it was the second run with no fan and the car was heatsoaked. The srt was dynoed on the same dyno. Both the drivers were in second as was I. They both did not miss a gear or anything. Those are not the only cars I have raced from a roll tho. There are a few more cars that are boosted and way lighter then my car that I still pulled on.

my and the srt run

http://youtu.be/WKL3XdYojt8

srt dyno run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljUb_FvW9ik&feature=share&list=UUZMg8i3q061hZ958d3MO2hQ

my dyno run

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSolBQmcRFc&feature=share&list=UU7xXnqxcNbIELrFpCI9Mtbw

iruyle

Jul 17, 2012
lawrenceville, ga
So, just spitballing... Bear in mind, I'm largely uninformed, just things that I noticed from the race vid and the SRT dyno vid.
I don't do street pulls so I dont know the proper procedure (i.e., whether you just start in 2nd and pull through 3rd gear and it's over or what).
We all know that you want a direct as possible drive gear on dyno pulls for a good reading and that is usually 4th in most cars, not 3rd. I've seen a lot of instances where dyno pulls in 3rd (or any underdrive gear) would reflect a vastly different (and typically artificially high) torque rating. I dont know jack about the srt4 so I cant say where the peak of the torque curve would be on his tach but his revs seemed pretty low going into 3rd on the race vid and it looked like he would have nosed you out in another few sec. Could it be that his torque band is just higher up the tach (like a vtech) and entering 3rd at a low RPM made him lag? I'd be curious to see if there was any change one way or the other in the result if you were rolling 5 or even 10 mph faster before starting the pull.

Devin LeBlanc

Banned
Apr 7, 2010
Las Vegas NV.
IndigoMKII;1895038 said:
Did anyone else notice the SRT4's afr's? 12.5 across the board in the power.. ticktockticktock.

Thats where the dynojet defaults if they don't have a wideband input selected or running one.

Edit: Just watched the race vid. All depends on where the wideband is in the exhaust too. If its close to the cut out it can run lean as well. Many things to factor in.