why I will always keep my car 7m

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Some of you will find this interesting.

The Srt4 that is featured in a lot of my race videos is tuned to 12.5 afr I always tell him I'm scared for him but its been a year of non stop racing and boosting and that thing is still pulling hard.

Also he's on 91oct and 22psi

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
iruyle;1895039 said:
So, just spitballing... Bear in mind, I'm largely uninformed, just things that I noticed from the race vid and the SRT dyno vid.
I don't do street pulls so I dont know the proper procedure (i.e., whether you just start in 2nd and pull through 3rd gear and it's over or what).
We all know that you want a direct as possible drive gear on dyno pulls for a good reading and that is usually 4th in most cars, not 3rd. I've seen a lot of instances where dyno pulls in 3rd (or any underdrive gear) would reflect a vastly different (and typically artificially high) torque rating. I dont know jack about the srt4 so I cant say where the peak of the torque curve would be on his tach but his revs seemed pretty low going into 3rd on the race vid and it looked like he would have nosed you out in another few sec. Could it be that his torque band is just higher up the tach (like a vtech) and entering 3rd at a low RPM made him lag? I'd be curious to see if there was any change one way or the other in the result if you were rolling 5 or even 10 mph faster before starting the pull.

Srt4's are best from 35mph rolls they really seem to shine and that 3rd gear is a monster in those cars.

Anyhow it took me a lot to b able to smash on my buddy's.

He had

STOCK TURBO 22psi
Tune 12.5 afr 91oct (diablo sport)
Full 3inch turbo to side exit
6puck clutch
Big front mount
2.5inch hard pipes
3inch aem intake

Car runs 109-110mph in the 1/4mile

It took me a whole lot to beat him from a roll.

My mods are

CT26 60-1 @ 19psi
255 walbro
560cc injectors from a EVO 8-9
Lexus afm
AEM uego showing 11.6 - 11.1 afr
Apexi avcr ebc
Apexi power intake
Custom 3inch exhaust with a high flow cat
3inch turbo elbow
Driftmotion CT softline kit.
The original driftmotion intercooler kit with custom top pipes
2.5inch intercooler piping with tial 50mm bov.
Ebay radiator and electric fans
R154 with brand new oem clutch and pp.
Kyb and h&r shock and spring setup.
Full interior and weight minus spare tire(I only weigh 145-150)
Turbo smart boost gauge..
Aeromotive AFPR kit from driftmotion
ARP headstuds with a oem head gasket.

I think that's everything.. Unless you count my super cool bling bling 7inch in dash screen :)

Last edited:

kakanator

Apr 25, 2010
Fresno, California, United States
So just went to a shop in town for a second dyno run with tq readout pulled a 308 tq and 297 hp first run I was very happy.

http://youtu.be/pojbm97DPB8

p1895582_1.jpg

p1895582_2.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Devin LeBlanc;1894965 said:
Torque wins races, HP Sells cars.
You know, all the diesel guys with their big badass trucks keep saying that. They keep muttering something else too, something about how they can't see my tail lights for very long because they get real small, really fast? ;)

In fairness though, I don't often tow with my car, so... different purpose vehicles, I know. Why they buy them to race, I don't know.

kakanator;1895582 said:
So just went to a shop in town for a second dyno run with tq readout pulled a 308 tq and 297 hp first run I was very happy.
That's more like it! However, I think most people might have missed the "NA LSD differential" bit about your car. Combine that much power with those gears (4.30 for those unaware), you're going to have a VERY quick car. That thing should be in the 12's pretty easily with a decent tire and driver. ;)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
kakanator;1895874 said:
thanks te72 I had no idea it was going to make that much power a torque and yes the na 92 automatic lsd diff swap is very nice for racing.
Fun thing about gears, and how they work, is that even though my engine makes more power than yours, your car puts more torque to the pavement. If you swapped for the 3.73 diff from the later turbo cars, yours would seem rather sluggish compared. For an around town and track car, the 4.30 gear is about perfect. Lots of highway driving though... not so much.

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
I have two spare donated engines to blow up first and my car keeps up with the JZ swap guys already...And im still on stock Parts.
They give me a thousand reasons to switch. I give them one.
Beat Me
LOL

Thats why I will keep my car 7M

Last edited:

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
2x
supranasty;1896249 said:
I have two spare donated engines to blow up first and my car keeps up with the JZ swap guys already...And im still on stock Parts.
They give me a thousand reasons to switch. I give them one.
Beat Me
LOL

Thats why I will keep my car 7M

kakanator

Apr 25, 2010
Fresno, California, United States
Jz is cool but I have build experience with the 7m so I know my way around them very well. I built my 7m by my self with no shop doing the work for me and I think I did something right with 300 hp and 300 tq on just a down pipe and 4 more pounds of boost that stock and its my dd it so far has been very reliable for me. But if I pull on 2j swaped mk3s with 2 psi less then me but 2 times the size turbo ffim ffic and all that why would I want to swap to that I'm good.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
kakanator;1896342 said:
Jz is cool but I have build experience with the 7m so I know my way around them very well. I built my 7m by my self with no shop doing the work for me and I think I did something right with 300 hp and 300 tq on just a down pipe and 4 more pounds of boost that stock and its my dd it so far has been very reliable for me. But if I pull on 2j swaped mk3s with 2 psi less then me but 2 times the size turbo ffim ffic and all that why would I want to swap to that I'm good.

You aren't pulling on them because their car is slower. You're pulling on them because they can't drive.

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
I beat Dustin's 2jz and I was out powered came down to my faster shifting ;) and a better rear end :p

gurley0916

Gurley=Last Name not girl
Mar 10, 2008
Columbus,OH
Albert;1896416 said:
I beat Dustin's 2jz and I was out powered came down to my faster shifting ;) and a better rear end :p

Alot changes in two years well have to have a rematch. You won on the roll but we both know you have yet to beat my 1/4 mile time in your 1j...what were you saying about a driver mod :p

supranasty

Yo Daddy
Apr 12, 2005
jamaica ny
I hope You AZ owners got AC. I did it with Air condition in my 7M car and I didnt need A COLD SHOWER...
I live in NYC and it gets HOT is Your car a street car or a race car gurley0916 ?
AZ gets Hotter than NYC. ILL PASS
I drove my car today in between Snow Storms LOL. heater on . lol......

gurley0916;1896378 said: