Went to the dyno today and got horrible results - AEM V2 PNP 1JZ

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
IBoughtASupra;1874698 said:
What does he want to know? I know that whole patch harness because I have one....I can tell you but no offense, I won't ship it to anyone.

Yes, I am anal with anyone concerning anything I will be using on my car.

Would you mine talking with tweak? Taking note where what goes where? No offense taken. He wants to make sure its wired properly because he doesn't have any information on hand right away. I spoke with Josh & Kam i have their email address too if you wont mind taking pictures and sending it to them with description. contact@tweakdperformance.com

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
I don't mind. Don't you have a patch harness? You can send him that and the pinout of the EMS and he can look at what he needs.

The pinouts are also available online.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
IBoughtASupra;1874776 said:
I don't mind. Don't you have a patch harness? You can send him that and the pinout of the EMS and he can look at what he needs.

The pinouts are also available online.

My patch harness got butchered by me :( trying to do my own wiring so it'll be useless for him

bluebullet89

Oct 16, 2008
Meridian, ID
Subscribed... hope the issue gets resolved. Hopefully i dont run into any issues like this. sounds like a HUGE headache. cause i'll be purchasing the AEM V2 from Aaron here in the next week or two.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
bluebullet89;1874978 said:
Subscribed... hope the issue gets resolved. Hopefully i dont run into any issues like this. sounds like a HUGE headache. cause i'll be purchasing the AEM V2 from Aaron here in the next week or two.

As long as the base harness is up to par i don't think you'll have any major what so ever. But in this type of "game" you never know! LOL. Mine wasn't in the best of shape after the years. I would recommend a newly fresh harness be made to OEM spec vs what i've done here

-AR-

Sep 16, 2012
FL
read the whole thread...my car breaking up at 4k and wont go into boost...i scrared!! LOL!! all this headache for boost...i dont understand all the terminology(?) but it seems like you have to be a master mechanic or have really deep pockets to get these cars running right...

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
-AR-;1875133 said:
read the whole thread...my car breaking up at 4k and wont go into boost...i scrared!! LOL!! all this headache for boost...i dont understand all the terminology(?) but it seems like you have to be a master mechanic or have really deep pockets to get these cars running right...

I've done 100% of all my mechanical and 98% of my electrical. Anytime i have an issue i read, read, read, read, & read again while trying ideas that pop into my head to figure out an issue. I'm not master mechanic, but i try to get my shit running good lol. My pockets are only as deep as regular jeans my friend, i haven't touched the car in months to save money to do the harness. The sacrifices i make to get this car running to my expectations. Takes time and money. I have spent a pretty penny over the years too late to call it quits now. It must be done LOL

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Harness will be done tonight or first thing tomorrow woooooooo!!!! All was resolved thank you to everyone LOL

p1875787_1.jpg

p1875787_2.jpg

p1875787_3.jpg

bluebullet89

Oct 16, 2008
Meridian, ID
OneJArpus;1875081 said:
As long as the base harness is up to par i don't think you'll have any major what so ever. But in this type of "game" you never know! LOL. Mine wasn't in the best of shape after the years. I would recommend a newly fresh harness be made to OEM spec vs what i've done here

Ya i did the whole swap including electrical. Everything runs perfect and not a lot of tweaking. just walbro 255, tanabe exhaust, test pipe, 3" intercooler + piping. So it should be fine. I purchased everything today so just waiting on parts to arrive. :)

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Found a few issues with my new harness...

Injector resistor pack plug is for a MKIV Resistor pack when I have a 7M style.
Alternator plug is oval when i have round
and the map sensor plug is the oem toyota when i have a GM 3bar....

First two aren't a big deal but still force me to purchase the parts needed to make this work. Alt is an upgrade atleast so i don't have to worry about round or oval plug again but still. My alt is good now i have to buy another good alt just to replace it.

Map plug isn't right so i have to wire in my GM 3 bar.... i don't want to cut into something i just spent boo koo bucks on but I got no time to send it back for corrections. It already took longer then i wanted too with it.

I'll keep everyone up to date. The quality is very good on the harness those are just my issues with what it has right now.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
So no alternator plug on my new harness i have to take it off my old harness and low and behold it looks like absolute crap!

a+%281%29.JPG

I worry how the hell will i find a 1JZ plug? Did some research and boom found a very good replacement

a+%282%29.JPG

Even comes with this little boot

a+%284%29.JPG

End result of new alternator harness i made...

a+%286%29.JPG

Got the brackets & 1zz coils in, along with the new harness

a+%288%29.JPG

Upgrading the fuel rail while i'm there and run into a problem!!

My rail from driftmotion came with two different sized allen bolts the smaller one is the correct one and the bigger one isn't correct at all. SO this whole time i had it i didnt realize... now i have to source this shit out to continue! fuck

a+%289%29.JPG

I wanted to test fit it anyway and i have no idea if i was doing it right because if i reuse the old bolt look how long it is!!!

a+%2810%29.JPG

I decided to call it quits take a step back relax and resume another day