Went to the dyno today and got horrible results - AEM V2 PNP 1JZ

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
IBoughtASupra;1883166 said:
If it is the round plug, it's the same as the MA70.

Where did you get that one?

I looked around and any late 80's early 90's denso alternator works off of the camry, corolla, supra, etc... i got this one off of a 91 camry 4 cylinder i work at a junk yard, i have about 5 old toyotas in the yard. Anyone else need one? Throw me a few bucks n i'll go check condition n clip it off only if its good

Also found an online supplier that carries them for 15-25 bucks.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
photo+4%281%29.JPG

photo+3%281%29.JPG

photo+2%282%29.JPG

all done
photo+1.JPG

photo+2%281%29.JPG

photo+2.JPG

getting there

photo+3.JPG

changed color of intake manifold, didnt like it but didn't want to strip and start again and delay this car starting again so i continued and i'll take care of the intake manifold another time.. ONWARD with progress

photo+4.JPG

did alot of work today but still got more to do

photo+5.JPG

Hopefully by the end of the week it'll be time to start her up

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
the connection issue is usually the USB to serial cable. I have 4 different cables, and they don't all work.

edit: whoops, you're using the V2, nevermind.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Enraged;1891032 said:
the connection issue is usually the USB to serial cable. I have 4 different cables, and they don't all work.

edit: whoops, you're using the V2, nevermind.

it worked flawlessly with old harness i'm going to check the minor connections i made to be sure i didnt fuck up some place today. I found some info on the 1zzfe coils to program into the aem i hope they are right lol

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
i wired everything as marked

B&Yellow to B&Yellow for Constant 12v
B&Orange to BO
BR to BRed

I get 12v to BY
I get 12v to MREL BO
No power to BR? WTF?

EFI Relay Clicks when i take it out and the IGN in the ON position.

SMH no call back from tweak the whole week

Last edited:

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
ssideways;1891884 said:
what info did you need on the coils? or did you get it all taken care of?

I wanted to make sure i had them setup correctly in my aem, i setup the dwell time vs a thread found online from 8v-15v, is there any other info i need to change? Dwell vs batt? stuff like that, i just wnat to make sure i dont screw something up lol. I'm doing more research to be sure.

Jostar

AEM powered 1JZGTE!!!
May 21, 2007
Chicago
If you need help with start up, send me your cal file & mods..

I have been tuning my AEM V.1 & I can start my car right up in 20 degree weather... SO far I have help a few people in the other forum..

Email artzors@yahoo.com

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Jostar;1891902 said:
If you need help with start up, send me your cal file & mods..

I have been tuning my AEM V.1 & I can start my car right up in 20 degree weather... SO far I have help a few people in the other forum..

Email artzors@yahoo.com

Start up and a basic tune has already been performed, i just changed a few things like injectors, coils, harness, ait sensor, etc i just want to make sure those were setup properly before starting.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Going back to the dyno today, i didnt get a chance to install my bosch yet so i'll let him tune it with my walbro and do the bosch over the winter or the begining of spring. I just want it to be tuned and running nicely for next year...

Once thats done i'll have time to plan my future upgrades of installing the bosch, aem water meth kit i got, and work on the interior and body