Went to the dyno today and got horrible results - AEM V2 PNP 1JZ

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
mkiiichip;1833029 said:
I have never used AEM before, but I decided to look through your tune a bit.

Go to, ignition> advanced ign> coil dwell setup> coil dwell wizard. Is it setup for a subaru/saab coils? When I change it to MKIV coils it changes some of the settings. Just a thought.

Used the default for coil dwell and it wouldn't go past 4k in idle and does the same driving

I adjusted the dwell to 2.0 & i adjusted the dwell to rpm at 4800 to 85 and went down a little but still does the same =/ I'm using OEM used coils right now.

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
I've got a V1, but my settings for my 7M running IS300 coils and a stock ignitor are:

Coil Dwell Factor: 19
Dwell Max: 2
Dwell Min: 0.55

my Dwell vs RPM table is set to 100 across all RPM range (I think that's %) and my Dwell vs Batt is 100% across the board.

I'm curious as to what your actual timing table ("Ignition Map" in my V1 AEM Pro) looks like. If your timing isn't set properly (the default on mine barely got the car running) the car won't do very well.

From the looks of it, you have changed all of the hardware with no or little change, so it's most likely your tuning.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Enraged;1833263 said:
I've got a V1, but my settings for my 7M running IS300 coils and a stock ignitor are:

my Dwell vs RPM table is set to 100 across all RPM range (I think that's %) and my Dwell vs Batt is 100% across the board.

I'm curious as to what your actual timing table ("Ignition Map" in my V1 AEM Pro) looks like. If your timing isn't set properly (the default on mine barely got the car running) the car won't do very well.

From the looks of it, you have changed all of the hardware with no or little change, so it's most likely your tuning.

I will look into this tomorrow! For some reason my table had the coils step down from 100% to 95 to 85 or soemthing of that nature. What ever was in there on driftmotions base map. I will look and take screen shots of my map tomorrow

Anyone have an AEM Map i can take a look at to compare some settings? I won't use it as i know all engines aren't the same, i just want to get a better feel for the AEM and take a look at something different for someone who has a good working version

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Enraged;1833263 said:

My max was set at Dwell Max: 6 Dwell Min: .102 (not sure where to find Coil dwell factor:)

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
here is the timing map from one of my initial tunes. stock turbo, stock injectors, 7M, but for comparison, your timing looks very "flat" if you know what I mean.

timing.jpg

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
ok, did some snooping around the aem today.

I checked timing and it looked like it matched up. I had a timing light, it was a bit difficult with the ATi damper because the marks are on the outside. I recalibrated the TPS and its weird with my foot completely off the throttle it marks the voltage at .54 but in the atm it shows it being 1.2-1.8% throttle all the time and when im WOT it now reads 98/97.5 instead of 0 & 100%.

^After i did this and checked timing, i went into the wizard and put the dwell to TT Supra the second i did that the tach was moving around bouncing around a few hundred RPM i put it back to 2.0ms and it still did the same, i lowered it even more to 1.7ms and it stopped doing that, i took it for a ride and it was able to go to 6-6500 then i got a huge backfire / mis and got off of it. Now it'll go to 6k no problem. I'm going to be picking up some wire to make a harness for the ignition system and see if that helps. If not i'll just try out the 1zz coils i have with new wires.