Update: 7/12/09- White car stripped for paint

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
No Update!

Heh, man, I crack myself up. I was going to start stripping the interior last night, but I got sidetracked looking at wiring diagrams. LOL. Maybe I'll start tonight...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Some progress in the stripping of the black car. Still need to pull the brake lines from the engine bay and drop the front cradle/steering rack. (That will be done when I drag the car out into the driveway, most likely.)

As for the interior, I've stripped the dash area pretty clean. Just gotta pull that sound padding out. (I guess some people want this stuff?) I pulled the entire body harness out too, no broken clips. :) On to some pics, and yes, the fenderwells were clean of wiring before I pulled it all. (thanks to the wire tuck I had done):

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
Man, you weren't kidding about getting after it. Excellent work my dear Watson.

I'll be there this weekend to get that "shizzle" out of your garage and your life! :)

Mo

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
GrimJack;1269866 said:
Note that Shaeff is about to get banned for buying bits that he'll never use that I wanted. Bastard. You better keep that clean for me, I'll be over in a few months to spirit it away.

LOL, I've been after that super rare penis pump for years! You can feel free to have seconds, if you wish!

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
shaeff;1270391 said:
LOL, I've been after that super rare penis pump for years! You can feel free to have seconds, if you wish!
You and me both. I happen to know where both of them are, and I've been waiting for one to come on the market for years.

You know you're never going to use it...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
GrimJack;1271437 said:
You and me both. I happen to know where both of them are, and I've been waiting for one to come on the market for years.

You know you're never going to use it...
LOL, I think that this about sums it up:
IJ.;1271509 said:
Really sorry Dave had no idea you needed one that badly ;)

:biglaugh:

s383mmber1;1271467 said:
Damn Chris...didnt know you were looking for a new chassis....i would have given you mine for quite the fair price..
Neither did I, really. I happened across this car and decided to take the plunge. Yours would have been a LOT closer, too. :( Bah...

Mo87NA;1271510 said:
Update is coming.....
Mo
Tomorrow, likely after I go look at that other M3. LOL. I'm too tired now. Bed. (Oh yeah, and I spent quite a while going up and down my goddamn garage stairs after you left today. That SUCKED!)

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Update!

So, on Saturday, Mo (Mo87NA) came up and gave me a hand stripping the black car down. We talked a lot, and worked a little. LOL. We spent a good portion of the day pulling bits and pieces off the black car.

It's pretty much done. I need to pull the front subframe assy. but that won't be done until my dad/brother's car trailer is done so I can still move it around (albeit, with a bucket loader, LOL- no rear sub assy.)

I'll quit the B.S. and get on to the pics:

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
Hahaha what a day. We did our fair share of working lol. But there was a lot of talking too. That body was sooo rusty. The new platform is gorgeous.

Mo

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Justin727;1273943 said:
wow i'm suprised you even considered using that body... I think lower of you now, I use to have so much respect for you but it seems your eyes are getting too aged my old friend!

Haha, yeah. It's pretty bad. I'll post close-ups of the worst spots this coming weekend, or if I'm feeling motivated after work one day. Yes, 'tis true. My eyes must be going. LOL.

Mo87NA;1273948 said:
Hahaha what a day. We did our fair share of working lol. But there was a lot of talking too. That body was sooo rusty. The new platform is gorgeous.

Mo
Yeah- it was fun! Aside from the rear fenders/wells, would you agree that the tranny tunnel where someone dropped the driveshaft is just as bad? As well as the way they "fixed" it? By the way, the black car had a clean Carfax.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Added this to my collection of cool/rare parts today:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

I'm fairly certain that my first born child will use this as a crib if I ever blow my motor. It. Is. Incredible. Thanks, Ian!