Update: 7/12/09- White car stripped for paint

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
ok, i'm not sure how many people are aware that i've been slowly (very, very slowly) building my car for 400rwhp for quite some time. the car has been off the road since september of last year. (yes, an entire year. haha)

i took it upon myself to continue modding it while waiting for other parts to come in, and i got in over my head. then i had a complete and utter lack of time. it was pathetic, actually. i went 2 months at a time not even touching it.

i was helping william (s383mmber1) N/A->T his car, and finally got that project done, and i helped Mo87NA work on his car quite a bit. (misc. wiring- gauges, maftpro, tuning here and there, diagnosing engine problems, etc...)

most of that stuff is done (but he still needs some tuning)- and i've had a small amount of time to actually work on my car.

here's the current mod list:

-w58, custom SOGI short shift rethreaded for stock knob, Clutchmasters Stage III, Fidanza Lighweight Flywheel, Cometic 1.4mm MHG, ARP Headstuds, 1mm Oversized Valves, Upper Hard pipe/BOV, B&M 11x8 oil cooler, B&M 180* thermostat, oil filter relocation kit, Greddy oil catch can, completely removed AC, no spare, lots of other misc. things deleted- 3320lbs with driver.

-RC 550cc Injectors, Boost Reference Aeromotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Fuel Pressure gauge, stainless steel braided lines, pulsation dampener removed, and j-tube bypassed, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump wired to an external 30A relay.

- Becauseican Divorced Wastegate Downpipe, 3" RS*R Concept Cat-back with resonator removed, test pipe, (HKS Sport exhaust awaiting installation) generic cone intake filter.

- Eibach Pro Kit, Koni Yellows, JIC under-strut bar, MKIV TT rims wrapped in Falken Azenis RT-615’s. (255/40/r17 front, 275/40/r17 rear)

-MAFTpro + speed density + boost control, Defi Boost gauge/ link system, @15ps i= 289rwhp/295ft lbs torque (about 340hp at the crank) on the stock turbo with shaftplay and chipped impeller blades. Dell Latitude CPx tuning laptop. (Tuner Pro)

Ron R. short runner FFIM, Accufab 75mm throttle body, Mustang TPS wired to TCCS, HKS SSQV, 24x12x3 Megan Racing side-side intercooler, 2.75” aluminum IC hardpipes, T-bolt clamps.

new turbo installed- 57mm (60 trim, 10* clip) ball bearing ct-26 upgrade, braided stainless steel oil feed/return lines. No dyno yet, but it pulls like hell!

*Awaiting installation/ partially done mods: NSX pop up headlights, ’89 steering wheel, hatch visor, ultra-rare 86.5-88 front blinker cover, new doors, front fascia, fenders, trim, and mud flaps, ‘89+ tail lights, Innovate LC-1 wideband with xd-16 gauge.

i just finished installing my SS braided oil lines for my remote oil filter mount, 180* t-stat, and 11x8 cooler. previously, i had rubber lines and worm clamps for those pieces, which i never trusted. ;)

i'll be posting pics later tonight or tomorrow. the current state that the car is in is pretty sad, so sheild yourselves!

-shaeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
oh, the NSX light project is far from complete. i need an entire day to get the passenger side (which is cut apart) complete and operational. and that's at the least.

i'm going to take some pics of some of what i've done, along with what's in store. i'll post them up asap.

ian, you caught me. :( now i'm just getting to whack it in the garage instead of in the house. ;) haha

-shaeff

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
^ "Whack it" ??
normal_db_beavis_cornholio1.gif

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
haha, precisely what i was talking about! and everyone keeps wondering why all my clothes are stained with motor oil. ;) hahaha

-shaeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i would say you should have called me, but i was uber busy. i had two wisdom teeth pulled on friday, and i was not a happy camper on saturday, as you can imagine. ;)

i get the bottom two (which are impacted:() pulled on friday.

i got some pics uploaded, just need to smaller-ize them for the forum.

-shaeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
here are some pics of how i set up my oil system. internally, it's stock, however, i added a remote filter mount, 180* degree t-stat, and 11x8 oil cooler.

feed and return from/to the block:

close-up of filter mount. IT IS A MOCKUP FILTER, I DO NOT USE FRAM FILTERS!

from the filter to the thermostat:

from the thermostat to the cooler:

the cooler:

how i cut this shizzle:

more pics tomorrow, including some parts that are going on, as well as the gaping hole for the NSX lights, and a super quick, not-so-good mockup with the NSX light.

-shaeff

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
how did it cut with that saw? i always used a hack saw with pretty good results, but i saw on the earls site that they use a chissel and a hammer!

still want my hood?

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
the oil setup looks good! i am getting ready to do the same thing only my oil filter is on the other side of the engine =/

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
lagged: it works really well. :) just use that 3m nylon banded tape to wrap around the area to be cut, and bring the blade down nice and slow, and it will make a perfect cut every time. when i put together my SS braided fuel lines i used a hack saw. this is MUCH easier. :)

yes i still want your hood. there are several different reds, i think, if you can give me your paint code, i've got someone who will paint the hood i have. i'll send you a PM.

tlo86: thanks! it's really not difficult. i remember i had trouble with my SS braided fuel lines, as that was my first time. this time around, i got all the lines cut, assembled, and on the car in only a few hours. (and i was taking my time)

-shaeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
here are a few things that will be going on:

mickey thompson DR's:

JIC lower arm bar:

driftmotion aluminum ic piping, t-bolt clamps, and 4 ply silicone couplers:

finally installed my Ron R. shortrunner FFIM and accufab 75mm TB:

935motorsports big IC:

'89+ wheel:

man, that's not even half the parts i have, either! i'm starting to realize how much money i've got tied up in this project! haha, whatever, i love every second of it!

edit: in case nobody caught it, please take note that the only wires on the driver's side inner fender are for the diagnostic block:

-shaeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
thanks! :) it feels good to finally get some work done again.

-shaeff

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Ya, You should take time out from everybody else's car to work on your own every now and then. Lookin' Good!

Where do I get the remote oil parts that I would need for a set up similar to that? And, do you plan to relocate the PS Res as well?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
ForcedTorque said:
Ya, You should take time out from everybody else's car to work on your own every now and then. Lookin' Good!

Where do I get the remote oil parts that I would need for a set up similar to that? And, do you plan to relocate the PS Res as well?

first, i'll say this: yikes, my lower two (impacted) wisdom teeth just got pulled, and it hurts like a mo-fo!

i agree, i need time for my own stuff. :)

i got the B&M 180* t-stat, B&M 11x8 cooler, and remote filter mount all from summit racing.

all the stainless braided lines and -AN fittings came from suprarich in the MISC vendor's section. he was a HUGE help when putting together the fittings for all this stuff! for those of you who don't know him, check here: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30616

he's a great guy to deal with!

as for the power steering resivour, yes, it will be relocated. most likely after i mount my intercooler, so i can see how much room i have to spare up front between the nose cone and the radiator support. :)

-shaeff

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
wow really excited to see what your going to do with this.

I pretty much have the exact same setup minus the RonR manifold and 5sp.

more pics!!