Update: 7/12/09- White car stripped for paint

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
the end goal? heh, i'm looking for 450+rwhp on an upgraded ct-26. i got one of the few ball bearing upgrades from jon at MDC motorsports. i plan to push it to it's limits. i'm VERY interested to see what it's capable of doing!

when my face stops feeling like it got hit by a mack truck, i'll snap some more pics. for now, lots of ice, vicadin, and rest...

-shaeff

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
shaeff said:
the end goal? heh, i'm looking for 450+rwhp on an upgraded ct-26. i got one of the few ball bearing upgrades from jon at MDC motorsports. i plan to push it to it's limits. i'm VERY interested to see what it's capable of doing!

when my face stops feeling like it got hit by a mack truck, i'll snap some more pics. for now, lots of ice, vicadin, and rest...

-shaeff

oh man BB ct26 :):) if you blow in it does the turbo spin?:biglaugh:

Last edited:

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
YEAH! I can't wait until you're done man. I need another Supra to roll around with. Sucks I'm at school, I'd love to give you a hand and repay the favor. I'll give you a call next weekend and we'll figure something out. Oh, if those Vikes dont work, I still have quite a few Perks left from the surgery I had on my knee. ;)

Mo

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
tlo- just about! haha. it spins very nicely, and incredibly easily.

mo- 'fo sho' haha. i took some of the viacadin's yesterday, and haven't touched them since. (and repfilled the perscription today just in case)- so i have a whole bottle that i probably won't even need.

i can't do any real physical activities, though, so i'm kindof confined to the house. i wanted to order new gaskets for the turbo to manifold, and turbo to downpipe. i normally re-use them, but they're old, and probably crushed beyond use by now. i've had the same ones on and off a LOT.

i guess that'll just be piece of mind. monday i have two KS harnesses to send out, so i'm not sure how much i'll get done by then.

also- i'm kindof pissed that you can't buy corbeau seat brackets directly from the manufacturer. they send you an email with local dealers, so i have to call albany on monday to get those out of the way.

-shaeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
heh, just found an old shot of how my oil lines used to be, for those who are interested. which do you like better? ;)

-shaeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
this is stolen directly from another thread i was running, but then life got in my way. :( these are OLD pics. (even before i had my mkiv rims on!)

on a side note: my new turbo gaskets should be in on saturday, which means that the turbo will be back on this weekend! :) man, i'm getting excited!

front shot screwed up lip/bumper, might not show much in the pic:
p752606_1.jpg

rear shot, with my custom tails (which i'll abandon for some 89+ tails soon:
p752606_2.jpg

side rear:
p752606_3.jpg

front:
p752606_4.jpg

i used to have a very crappy, smelly gray leather interior, with a really shoddy carpet that was glued down over the OEM carpet, cracked dash, broken stereo bezel, etc... basically, the interior was horrible. i bought TONY!'s interior, and put it in my car before winter really set in.

unfortunately, i dont have any before shots, as i never used to have a digicam... :( oh well, take my word, it was very bad. :(

during the interior switch:
p752606_5.jpg

after: (not 100% done in this shot, still needed a few bits and pieces, such as the door panels, which i'll put on when i put the new doors on...) yes, i know, i need a new steering wheel. i'm looking for an 89+ non-airbag wheel. i'll get there. the interior will remain stock looking for a while, then i'm thinking of dying parts of it black, so it'll be black and gray. please take note that i hadn't cleaned the dash vents yet...
p752606_6.jpg

engine bay, nothing pretty... yet;)
p752606_7.jpg

and here are some of my rust shots, wooo! :
p752606_8.jpg

p752606_9.jpg

p752606_10.jpg

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
new front bumper:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

new door (have two of them, but they were even colder to the touch than the air!):
sm_photo_missing.jpg

interior door panels:
p752607_1.jpg

fenders:
p752607_2.jpg

mudflap:
p752607_3.jpg

and what all the trim looks like at the moment:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
johnathan1 said:
Wow, you're brave to take on that much rust...I would have found another Supra to build on.

meh, everything from the doors forward is being replaced. the only real rust problem is over the rear wheel wells, and i've got cut-outs from mello's old yellow "toilet" that will get welded in to replace mine. :)

thanks for the compliments. i can't let this thing go to the wrecker. :)

-shaeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
decided that it was time to replace the turbo gaskets since i've used them numerous times over at this point. $65 from my local dealership with my discount, can't go wrong! turbo goes back on tomorrow.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
heh, i totally forgot! the car is still on jack stands, as it has been for the last year.

you wouldn't really be able to tell much anyway, as the front fenders are off, so it's difficult to tell how much of a drop it gives. ;)

here's a pic of how the car sits now:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Wow, That looks like a lot of fun!

Please explain what you have done with the radiator support. Won't the car be a little less rigid like that? I know you probably have a good explanation of how and why you did that. I would really love to know what you did there.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
heh, it certainly is. ;) the radiator support is hacked because i'm very slowly installing acura NSX popup headlights in the stock locations. :)

as of right now, yes, it's less rigid, but i have plans to strengthen it up when the install is complete.

-shaeff

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
thanks, cryo. :)

some pics of the turbo:

impeller:

closer:

exhaust:

closer:

full front shot:

it's an MDC built 57mm (not 57 trim;))- equivalent to about a 60 trim, with a ball bearing cartridge. :) going on tomorrow.

-shaeff