Update: 7/12/09- White car stripped for paint

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
There will be a HUGE update to this thread soon. Keeping my mouth shut for now, and many of you will likely be disappointed. I know I am, but it will be the best for me in the long run... :(

There are select few people who know, and I will not give away what it is. I hope that those that DO know will keep quiet until I decide to reveal what's going on...

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
It's alright! All good things (cozy closets) must come to an end!

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
I know what it is! I feel special.

My lips are sealed. Trust me it's a BIG announcement. [How's that for a cliffhanger ;) ]

Mo

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
So, amidst the trials and tribulations of the black car (aka: The Rustbucket), I took a solid afternoon and weighed out my options. There is just far too much gone (rust) in all the wrong places, aside from several other defects of the chassis that I've swept under the proverbial carpet for far too long.

I've also decided that I don't feel like documenting my every move as this project progresses. Most of my old parts will be swapped over, some will be ditched in favor of better upgrades, and some will finally be put to use after years of owning them.

If anyone has any questions for the many gaps I'll certainly leave through my laziness, simply ask, and I'll answer. On to the pics, which are from my cell phone- and not that great. But, you'll get the idea:

Stripping it down:

This pic shows the wire-tuck that I did. Notice the super clean (of wires) fenderwells. Too bad this car is junk:

It will be color changed... properly. Black is the only color fit for my Supra:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Will do, Anthony. :) It's going to be pretty intense! I'm actually excited to work on my car(s) again. This hasn't happened in almost a year!!

By the way, are you still looking for a BIC DDP? I might be getting rid of mine...

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
Hey! Late to the party... but as I read the first few pages... then jumped forward to HERE and see where you were at... I'm convinced I just passed through a "wormhole" and you just started this thread yesterday!:biglaugh:

Can't wait to see you get it on the road, Shaeff!

-crisp

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
shaeff;1266602 said:
Thanks, Crispy! :) I'm pretty damn excited for Jay to strut his sexy ass in here!

Hopefully, Jay, you read between the lines!

Boosted516

Supramano
Apr 13, 2008
Long Island, NY
shaeff;1266189 said:
Will do, Anthony. :) It's going to be pretty intense! I'm actually excited to work on my car(s) again. This hasn't happened in almost a year!!

By the way, are you still looking for a BIC DDP? I might be getting rid of mine...

yea i am, i found a guy whos selling his but he still hasnt pulled it from the car. so definitely let me know if your going to sell it.

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
Finally the secret is revealed. God it was killing me. :)

And for the record, the "new" Supra is in incredible condition. I was amazed at how clean it was. Definitely a great platform.

Mo