Tell me sumn about rap...

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
OneJoeZee said:
Did you ban all rock music in your house?

No, that is mainly what I listened too. Pink Floyd, Lynard Skynard, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, and so on and so forth.
My son grew up in an all white middle class neihborhood anyways. Rap music would not have made any sense to him. I was in the Army when he was alot younger, and saw the relevance of some of it (the kind you are defending) But, it seemed that no one really listened to the better types. It just wasn't "cool", it had to be gansta'!
I just don't get it.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
music was always expressed freely in my house as I was growing up.

even got my mom listening to eminem and dmx. oh god I remember I brought her the old afroman cd... so loved it!

T34418L3ONE

Supra for brains.....
Jul 3, 2005
Pleasanton
Stop looking for new "rap". As previously stated after the mid 90's it all sucks. You want something with a good beat and some intelligence behind it? Look for Atmosphere, Living Legends, Murs, The Grouch, Sunspot Jonz, just search almost anything that is labled underground hip hop. Good shit.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
T34418L3ONE said:
Stop looking for new "rap". As previously stated after the mid 90's it all sucks. You want something with a good beat and some intelligence behind it? Look for Atmosphere, Living Legends, Murs, The Grouch, Sunspot Jonz, just search almost anything that is labled underground hip hop. Good shit.

Jurassic 5, You got me hooked on that that one time I was at your garage

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
Big Wang Bandit said:
Jurassic 5, You got me hooked on that that one time I was at your garage

their the shit.. damn this one song kicked ass. I'm gonna go look for it.

I remember now, Jurassic 5 - whats golden.

T34418L3ONE

Supra for brains.....
Jul 3, 2005
Pleasanton
ha yea they are awesome. Latley its def. been more west coast bay area shit. Nice to listen to music where you come from, and the bay is the best!

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Amazing.

Let's review.

91T breezen' said:
I'm with Anth505 all the way on this one! Rap...unequivocally, hands down, the worst "music" (term used lightly!) this planet has ever produced. I don't know what's worse? That people actually produce this crap? Or, that idiots actually waste money on it?!:aigo:

I never allowed it in my house when my son was growing up. Now, he's an adult, and can't stand it either!
Thank God for that!!!

So all rap music is banned because of the negative influence of some of the artists.

Check.

OneJoeZee said:
What type of music did Eric Harris and Dilan Klebold listen to?

91T breezen' said:
Death rock, right? That too was verbotten in my house. It's definately about more than the music though. It's about boundries, and rules. Like them or not, I was/am the parent, i.e; "The boss"!

OneJoeZee said:
Did you ban all rock music in your house?

91T breezen' said:
No, that is mainly what I listened too.

Amazing. So even though a genre of music helped influence two boys to massacre tons of students at school, you didn't ban it from your house.

Check.

But because of some artists with negative influence in their rap music, you banned the entire genre.

Check.

Why didn't you ban rock? Because you listen to rock yourself and you know it's not all like bad and negative.

So your ignorance of rap music justifies shutting out the entire genre?

91T breezen' said:
My son grew up in an all white middle class neihborhood anyways. Rap music would not have made any sense to him. I was in the Army when he was alot younger, and saw the relevance of some of it (the kind you are defending) But, it seemed that no one really listened to the better types. It just wasn't "cool", it had to be gansta'!
I just don't get it.

So you admit that you knew all rap music didn't have negative influences in it, yet you still chose to ban it completely.

How ironic.

Maybe this is foreign to you but tons of White America buy into the rap business.

You're right. You don't get it.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
One of the world's greatest guitarists lives where you Norcal boys are. Joe Satriani! Do any of you guys listen to him? Oh, probably not,:nono: your friends might think you're "Lame"!

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
I've heard of him.. shit all my friends have. I remember he had a concert a while back and some of my friends went and forgot to tell me...bastards!

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
91T breezen' said:
One of the world's greatest guitarists lives where you Norcal boys are. Joe Satriani! Do any of you guys listen to him? Oh, probably not,:nono: your friends might think you're "Lame"!

I do. And Ive seen him live 3 times. Surfin with the alien

Don't start assuming now. I FUCKING hate that.

I don't give 2 fucks about what my friends think, Its what I think.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
Big Wang Bandit said:

I agree. dude theres lots of open minded people here that like all types of music. me being one. just all the stereotyping for the "bay area" kinda made people that don't live around here think other wise.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
You would have enjoyed it. Go see him if you get a chance too again.

Joe, your arguments are valid. I could have worded what I said about rap better.
I would like to know though, are you one of those guys that plays the vulgar, profane styles, at ungodly decibel levels, no matter who is around?

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
91T breezen' said:
Joe, your arguments are valid. I could have worded what I said about rap better.
I would like to know though, are you one of those guys that plays the vulgar, profane styles, at ungodly decibel levels, no matter who is around?

No.

I would be ashamed to blast music with tons of profanity and other negative things in public.

I wouldn't even do it in front of my parents. I was raised better than that.

I may play music loud when cruising but I turn it down when coming to a stoplight or in a neighborhood or anything like that.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
p737497_1.jpg
p737497_2.jpg
p737497_3.jpg

Thats my E drive, which is 99% music, and about half my collection.

Don't start to judge.

And I do too dislike people who play profane music loud, Shit, I turn my Buddy Holly down at stoplights because I'm polite.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Big Wang Bandit said:

I don't give 2 fucks about what my friends think, Its what I think.

Calm down Kyle!:aigo: I did not assume anything about you? I like you too! (Thanks!)
Alot of what kids listen too, is just about peer pressure, just like everything else.
I was kind of a "dictator", as a father. But, my son and I have a great relationship.

Big Wang Bandit

You Can't Quit Me Baby
Feb 21, 2006
San Ramon, CA - 925!
Its a generation thing. My dad has a semi wide taste in music, but I'm sure he would hate any rap music. Most people in this generation(mine, Joe's) are more open to "rap/hip hop" because we grew up around it, whilst back in the day(I'm not sure what your day is :rofl:) Rap was a far fetched idea

T34418L3ONE

Supra for brains.....
Jul 3, 2005
Pleasanton
yea us kids these days have a wide span. I love rap, always have, but i used to be a drummer in a death metal band. And working on my car im blasting CCR and im not talking about the Koniegsegg :) I like music that has effort put into by the people performing it. Oh and i pretty much never listen to the radio, and in my car im bad, i never turn my music down. I figure hear in pleasanton everyone has a 564564564653 dollar car so they can roll up the window and blast the ac. hehehe