Supra Vs Supra (7M vs 1JZ) RESULTS IN VIDEO Pg.21 Post #209

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Getting rid of my stock elbow was the best mod I ever did! Really noticed the difference right away, got a few extra pounds by just replacing it with a Full 3" DP and also the turbo would spool quicker. This should of been my first mod I ever did to my Soup :)

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
I've since put on a 3inch elbow but I didn't gain boost and I felt very little difference but i have a leak right after the elbow to downpipe.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Ever since I did my 57 CT26 Trim upgrade with the full 3" Downpipe I would hit fuel cut at 8 Pounds of boost instead of 12 psi, Increase air flow..you know.. Maybe you have a boost leak or something?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Turbo Habanero;1808576 said:
But even without tires my mph was only 3mph faster then stock...

Suprapowers ran almost just as fast with a Fucked clutch on the same setup. Although I had stock elbow on..

I was thinking the same thing. I think I found my answer. Our dragstrip sits at 600ft above sea level. Tucson, AZ is around 2389ft above sea level. That makes a big difference.
Guys here would go over to Houston Motorsports Park to run better times. Their altitude is around 53ft above sea level. And of course you want to go when the weather is nice and cold with high pressure sitting over you. That when the air is cold and dense. That makes a difference too.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Suprapowaz!(2);1808607 said:
I was thinking the same thing. I think I found my answer. Our dragstrip sits at 600ft above sea level. Tucson, AZ is around 2389ft above sea level. That makes a big difference.
Guys here would go over to Houston Motorsports Park to run better times. Their altitude is around 53ft above sea level. And of course you want to go when the weather is nice and cold with high pressure sitting over you. That when the air is cold and dense. That makes a difference too.
that and my driving probably isn't the best (ill convince myself anything as long as in my mind the car is running as strong as it should)

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
Wow, y'all both suck at drag racing, I thought I was bad. I ran a 13.9 with a stock twin 1J at stock boost. Stock intercooler, stock ECU, etc. I think the question is who sucks worse at drag racing, it's obvious which car is faster (I'll give you a hint: it's the one trapping 10mph faster). Get some drag radials and a clutch you're not afraid to slip. Launching a heavy turbo car isn't an easy task with a manual transmission.

Angry7M

Formerly redmaro
Sep 6, 2007
AZ
Zach;1809124 said:
Wow, y'all both suck at drag racing, I thought I was bad. I ran a 13.9 with a stock twin 1J at stock boost. Stock intercooler, stock ECU, etc. I think the question is who sucks worse at drag racing, it's obvious which car is faster (I'll give you a hint: it's the one trapping 10mph faster). Get some drag radials and a clutch you're not afraid to slip. Launching a heavy turbo car isn't an easy task with a manual transmission.

Agree that they could of had better tires n stuff that would of made a huge difference...But then again as already stated:

Our dragstrip sits at 600ft above sea level. Tucson, AZ is around 2389ft above sea level. That makes a big difference.

Look at the elevation where you in...yeah

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
lol like i said i don't see Jordan dropping in a 800hp 2j in his MK3.

knowing the mk3 scene in Tucson we're all broke so he'll probably keep it stock for a short while and Albert will jump in and try to up sale him on some twin upgrades like he does to everyone lol