Supra Vs Supra (7M vs 1JZ) RESULTS IN VIDEO Pg.21 Post #209

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
So me and my friend have run be for when i was stock turbo i pull about a car until he gets boost and starts walking away well the cars have changed and we plan on running soon ill make sure to get video for you guys!

Let us know what you think the outcome will be and we will get a race going ASAP with video

Somewhat recent Pics below

My car is 1989 7M-GTE

p1792211_1.jpg

Stock 7M ECU with Apexi SAFC2 for now (Maft Pro Soon)
Stock Block 151,000 miles
Stock Rebuilt Head 15,000 miles
FMIC Driftmotion Kit
CT-26 60-1 exhaust Clip (planing on 15psi to start) (Currently being built by Albert)
Straight 3 inch Turbo Back
Evo 8 560cc Injectors
Lexus AFM
Walbro fuel pump
3inch Apexi Power Intake
R154 (3.73 LSD)
AEM UEGO

His Car is 89 1JZ non VVTI (He might chime in and let me know if i missed anything or correct me on his car)

p1792211_2.jpg

Stock Block Miles (+-) 60k miles stock
Stock Head Miles (+-) 60k miles stock
Precision Turbo 60-1 (15psi currently). 20psi high boost after this weekend
FMIC Driftmotion Kit
440cc Injectors
Aeromotive FPR
Cheap Ebay Knock Off Exhaust Manifold
Stock 7M Pump (waiting on walbro)
Knock Off Tial Wastegate
3inch Intake K&N
3inch Turbo Back with CAT (Greddy Catback)
Stock 1J ECU
AEM FIC (currently being retuned at PSI that's why I'm saying 20 psi after this weekend)
AEM eugo wide band
Adjustable Cam gears (HKS)
Godspeed radiator with Electric Fans
R154 (3.73 LSD)
No fuel cut ; )

Ohhh yeah... Leather interior!!!!

FIXED!

Last edited:

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
....His Car is 89 1JZ non VVTI (He might chime in and let me know if i missed anything or correct me on his car)

p1792298_1.jpg

Stock Block Miles (+-) 60k miles stock
Stock Head Miles (+-) 60k miles stock
Precision Turbo 60-1 (15psi currently). 20psi high boost after this weekend
FMIC Driftmotion Kit
440cc Injectors
Aeromotive FPR
Cheap Ebay Knock Off Exhaust Manifold
Stock 7M Pump (waiting on walbro)
Knock Off Tial Wastegate
3inch Intake K&N
3inch Turbo Back with CAT (Greddy Catback)
Stock 1J ECU
AEM FIC (currently being retuned at PSI that's why I'm saying 20 psi after this weekend)
AEM eugo wide band
Adjustable Cam gears (HKS)
Godspeed radiator with Electric Fans
R154 (3.73 LSD)
No fuel cut ; )

Ohhh yeah... Leather interior!!!![/QUOTE]

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
As much as I hate to say it...I think the 1J will have this one.

If the 7M can get a little more boost to it, it might walk him. That 7M setup should yield a good bit of Torque. More boost is what you need; but, not much more. ;) Don't go blowing up your stuff! :)

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
CajunKenny;1792314 said:
As much as I hate to say it...I think the 1J will have this one.

If the 7M can get a little more boost to it, it might walk him. That 7M setup should yield a good bit of Torque. More boost is what you need; but, not much more. ;) Don't go blowing up your stuff! :)

Yeah im sure when he goes 20psi i don't have much of a chance. it would be nice to keep up though i didn't do so bad when i was stock turbo and on 12psi hitting fuel cut.

but he does pick up strong when he gets boost :)

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
May want to retorque your head Jordan. Hahaha I'll get my gopro mounted on my car for this match. We'll do a couple different pulls a dig, 20mph pull and a +50mph. My main concern is traction cause as soon as boost hits, it hits hard and lose traction.

SupraPieces

Nov 23, 2011
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Why not see what the motors can do from a dead stop? You both have the same diff and trans let's see what the motors are capable of.. Oh and for added accuracy why not take one cars front tires and put them on the back of the other car? That way traction is identical as well

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
87supraguy;1792401 said:
May want to retorque your head Jordan. Hahaha I'll get my gopro mounted on my car for this match. We'll do a couple different pulls a dig, 20mph pull and a +50mph. My main concern is traction cause as soon as boost hits, it hits hard and lose traction.

SupraPieces;1792403 said:
Why not see what the motors can do from a dead stop? You both have the same diff and trans let's see what the motors are capable of.. Oh and for added accuracy why not take one cars front tires and put them on the back of the other car? That way traction is identical as well

that's what i said i want to see the cars capabilites at all ranges (except the tire swap thing). i'm not scared of losing or anything it would just be motivation to get my proefi if i do lose hahaha.

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
jordan i'll lower it to 18psi to make things interesting... cool? i'm assuming since you don't have the 60-1 ready till (crossing my fingers for you) before Jan 29th we wont be doing this till maybe next month?

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Billy raced erick here locally

Billy has 1jz stock twins running 12psi.
Y-pipe full exhaust
An fic and piping

Erick has a 7mgte with my 60-1 clipped at 8psi. With SAFC and supporting mods like exhaust an fmic as well.

Freeway pulls: erick pulled off the line, billy would creep past him ever so slightly on the top end. If erick was running 10psi on that 60-1 he would of stayed out in front.

Erick has now gone to maft pro. Not sure what psi he is running now tho.

Jordan I think you're gonna have a tuff time since his is an actual t4 based 60-1.

You would have to run at least 5psi more than him to keep up or pull

Albert

Custom CT26, CT12a, CT20 upgrades
May 13, 2009
Tempe, AZ
Also I don't think his 1jz is VVTI, he is using Justin's old jzz30 stuff

If he was vvti, he would win hands down lol

87supraguy

Mar 4, 2010
Tucson, az
Albert;1792425 said:
Also I don't think his 1jz is VVTI, he is using Justin's old jzz30 stuff

If he was vvti, he would win hands down lol

he said non VVTI. onlything keeping us from getting this done is you Albert. hahaha JK no pressure. i'm excited to see his results with the new turbo set up. i'll be on the market here shortly for cams and the Proefi.