Stretch's Digidash thread

Stretch

Tallest MK3 driver ever!!
Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Heyy!!!

I didn't think anyone cared much about this thread anymore aside from it being a reference for others attempting the swap. I actually still have all of the pieces, I just don't have a car to put them in! I also no longer have access to the vacuum table from my old college since I graduated (woo!) so now I will have to build one for myself. I was going to need to do this anyway as the M70 cluster is quite long! Once I get this table set-up, I can make vac-forms for casings which will be muuuuch better than fiberglassing them up. It also opens up the possibility of me doing it for other people too. Why waste the vacuum table right? :icon_bigg

I have the main cluster male mold sitting on my dresser and it reminds me each day to make some time for this project, I just haven't had time what with the school I was finishing up, and now working full-time. I think the main lack of inspiration is me not having a supra at the moment. If people were actually interested in having a cluster made that would get me interested too. You would have to source your RHD cluster and wire it up yourself to save major labour costs lest you just wanted me to do it all, but that would be a discussion for a later date. I need to get V3.0 finished and working first before it can happen.

Never fear though!!!
I will post updates once I can get back in to the swing of things, so wait for my thread to pop up on the front page again to let you know when I'm doing something.
It's nice to know people are still curious about this swap though. The digidash seems to flow so well with the 80's styling. I took a long look at the mk4 gauge layout the other day and noticed it looks like they just threw gauges on to the dash! Nowhere near as organized as the mk3. Yet another reason to stick with the best :icon_bigg

Take care guys,

eric

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
If you start doing this for others, I am so in. It is an upgrade I definitely want to do. I also have my eye set on a rhd digi cluster. haha

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
Just read this whole thread.. keep up the work stretch. It'll be the best dash ever. You've inspired me to work on mine and get it pretty even tho its a analog. :thumbup::D

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
BoostMonger;1860621 said:
Just read this whole thread.. keep up the work stretch. It'll be the best dash ever. You've inspired me to work on mine and get it pretty even tho its a analog. :thumbup::D

Sent From My HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

I appreciate it man. I have to say though, that I do like the analog dash and wish you luck cleaning yours up... I just like the digital one better haha!
eric

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
lithium14;1860578 said:
If you start doing this for others, I am so in. It is an upgrade I definitely want to do. I also have my eye set on a rhd digi cluster. haha

So you are looking at buying a rhd cluster? I noticed you have a 7m, so try and get a cluster from a 7m car rather than a jza70. The ma70 cluster will come with an oil temp gauge where as the other will not. I have both and there should be pics in this thread.

eric

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Stretch;1860625 said:
So you are looking at buying a rhd cluster? I noticed you have a 7m, so try and get a cluster from a 7m car rather than a jza70. The ma70 cluster will come with an oil temp gauge where as the other will not. I have both and there should be pics in this thread.

eric

oh ok!! I'll have to double check again, is there a difference for auto manuals as well? thanks for the tip!

lithium14

Jan 7, 2011
Austin
Stretch;1860625 said:

eric

oh ok!! I'll have to double check again, is there a difference for auto manuals as well? thanks for the tip!

Stretch

Mar 30, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
There's no difference for auto vs. manual as the cluster comes with the auto lights built in to the main display board. If you are running a manual, you will have to cover the auto lights with some black tape or something. I had noticed one of my dashes came this way, and I'm not sure if factory or not but considering all 3 main boards I have contain the auto lights, I'm guessing it could have been.
best of luck,
eric

djblastsupratuner

Boost you must...........
May 2, 2007
Florida
I found a ga70 cluster for 150 shipped from japan. got pretty lucky on that. Dont know if there is any difference between the ma70 jza70 and ga70. I am definately interested in your services when your ready

shipkiller

Sep 16, 2010
Quebec
if you ever make a LHD convertion kit or plug and play digi dash, I'll be trowing money at you.
that is one of my dream (digi dash)

Stu_22

Mar 27, 2006
England
What have you guys done with the original plastic front window part.

Mine is cracked at the bottom and Toyota no longer have any new ones

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I'd check another dealer before I gave up on that... I know a few guys who have purchased new ones in the last year or so, so if it's end of life, it just happened.

I'd be more inclined to think the dealer you spoke to is being a clown outfit, and it can still be ordered, but it might have to come from Japan.