Stinger thread....

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
I tried to adjust some numbers on the fuel map and on the ignition map then saved them as a new map. But then when I went to open those files it just took it back to the old maps, it wouldn't save any of the changes I made. How do you get it to save changes that you make?

BoostMonger

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT
Sep 5, 2011
Shadows of Utah
im ready to start my stinger conversion and i had aaron wire me a pnp harness and im wondering what i have to do to get the stinger completly going, like the fuel pump, i read theres two relays, which one is it? how do i wire it? does the stinger relay replace the stock one or what the heck help is appreciated.

suprastupid

Apr 4, 2010
tx
Please help! I got my stinger mostly wired. Injectors tps iat cas still need to be wired along with the relay power for the 3 aux outs ... well im trying to test it all out and I cant get any of my aux outputs to switch a relay. I have it set for 2 fuel pumps and one fan... all the relays have a good power and ground. I tried switching them all in the ecu and nothing... tried hooking each of the relay powers to my fan to test and nothing...

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

suprastupid

Apr 4, 2010
tx
Just figured it out myself... I feel so dumb! I wired the aux op relays grounded with the ecu wired to send power signal... the aux outputs send ground signals.. I should have wired it as such... 30 constant12v.....86 to switched 12v..... 85 to signal from ecu .....and 87 aux power out...

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

pat1

Dec 5, 2010
GA
1jz
HKS cams 272 intake 264 exhaust
pt-61 turbo
550 injectors
and a bunch of other stuff. I know every car is different and I know I need to get it tuned but I'm just seeing what's out there.

5uprahboy

Aug 22, 2005
Auckland
Regarding the drag antilag - I have it set up so I can sit at around 6,000rpm on 10psi using this setup:

Turn on above 2,000rpm
On above 2% TPS
Off above 11psi
IGN miss fire seq - 2
fuel trim 20.00%
IGN trim -56%

How can I get it to backfire and put on a bit of a show?

5uprahboy

Aug 22, 2005
Auckland
Quick question. Should I wind the idle screw (I assume that's what it is) in my throttle body all the way in (closed) or out (open) to tune the idle? I've changed throttle bodies since my car was on the dyno and I can't remember what my old one was set to for tuning.

If I wind it out the car revs a bit much at idle when warm, but all the way in and it doesn't start or idle very well when cold.

I remember my dyno guy telling me to wind it either all the way in or all the way out but I can't remember which - and I can no longer get hold of him haha.

Ineedfire

Jul 12, 2012
Australia.
I think I read somewhere in this thread that the innovate lc-1 wide band is the only wide band compatible with the 4424 v4? Is that true or have they fixed that with software updates and such..

pat1

Dec 5, 2010
GA
Ineedfire;1918727 said:
I think I read somewhere in this thread that the innovate lc-1 wide band is the only wide band compatible with the 4424 v4? Is that true or have they fixed that with software updates and such..

I run a 4 wire bosch wideband with my 4424

Ineedfire

Jul 12, 2012
Australia.
So I just read on that ems forums that someone wanted to update the firmware, but you have to send it away to do it.

What are the benefits of updating firmware? I'm guessing its a lot different to updating software versions..