Stinger thread....

Altezza576

Jul 17, 2009
New York
I got my starter all wired up, was pretty straight forward. (white/blk wire off ignition switch pigtail) I fabbed some crude brackets to hold the coilpacks in place in the spark plug valley. Im wrapping my harness now, and I will wire in two relays one for igniter and coils on stinger, and one for fuel pump. Everything should be neatly tucked away by Thurs.

Last edited:

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
Mine is mounted there now but there is really not much space. I also have to mount a SSv4 Somewhere. Right now the SSv4 is at home on my pass floor along with the speed sensor scaler.

Id rather not mount things in the glove box but need to spend some more time looking for a place to put this thing.

Altezza576

Jul 17, 2009
New York
I pulled enough slack on the Stinger harness that I can mount it in the OEM location or below the dash like the MK4 Supras. I got all of the wires connected up. Im just missing a few 10gauge butt connectors and 10-16gauge female spade connectors to neatly finish my relay installation. I will grab those tomorrow at Radio Shack and wrap up this wiring and attempt a crank.

Altezza576

Jul 17, 2009
New York
OK, So I am attempting to crank the motor. I can hear the fuel pump successfully turn on with the Stinger and it cuts off after a few seconds if the engine is not started. I have an SC300 motor so I set the timing trim in the Stinger to 10*BTDC (oem 2JZGE setting)
Load Source = Manifold Pressure
Injection = Multipoint 720
Trigger sense = MAG
Trigger edge = rising
Trigger pull up resister = Off
Sync Edge = Rising
Sync Pull up resistor = Off

Ignition type = Normal
No teeth per Cam = 24
No teeth after missing = 13
Sync sensor used = yes

No. Cylinders = 6cy-3rotor
No. Igniters = 3igniters
Ign Fire Edge = falling
Dwell = 3.5ms
Injector Ohms = 10-16 (SC300 engine)
Sensitivity = Normal
Asipration = Normal/Turbo

Accelleration Enrichment = 6.4%
Enrichment duration = 45
Soft rev lim = 0
hard rev lim = 8000
Boost Cut = 155KPa
Decel fuel cut -95KPa

Car just cranks, not even a sputter. Can anyone assist? I think I may have fubarred my CPS wiring?

Altezza576

Jul 17, 2009
New York
OK so I have the car running pretty decent in vacuum right now. I do have a question.... Is there a way to select more than 1 cell in the fuel and ignition maps so I can do a bulk change?

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Altezza576;1622588 said:
OK so I have the car running pretty decent in vacuum right now. I do have a question.... Is there a way to select more than 1 cell in the fuel and ignition maps so I can do a bulk change?

Not that Im aware of

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
If your talking about fuel, then there should be a function to do that. Call Aaron, he would definately know. He only sells stuff he knows 100% about.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
It's easy to add or subtract in more than one cell at a time. You hit the shift and the arrows up and down and you can do as many as you want as long as they're all connected.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
suprahero;1625441 said:
It's easy to add or subtract in more than one cell at a time. You hit the shift and the arrows up and down and you can do as many as you want as long as they're all connected.

Holy crap, that's pretty cool :icon_bigg

JP85MX73

May 24, 2010
NY
You guys know of any good stinger tuners in the long island NY or NYC area? Im stock 1j right now, but i wanna go single and all that other fun stuff soon.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Racerxj220 figured it out. He had it working on my car but for some reason it doesn't work now. I haven't investigated it any since my local track has already shut down.

7thousandpiecesMGTE

Boostin USA
Apr 9, 2007
Harford County, Maryland
Just bought a 1.5jz with a stinger, running @15psi, gt4088r, 680cc injectors, aeromotive afpr, walbro fp, etc (not whats listed in my current sig). I'm new to tuning and standalones so I dont want to start messing with the map just yet and have not put it on a dyno yet. Previous owner tuned it and it seems to run fine I just want to know for sure its a safe tune.

Also its hard to start right now like it needs more fuel on start up. Takes about 3-4 starts before it keeps running (and this is with the fuel pump getting a constant 12volts as soon as the key is in the acc position so the fuel system is primed before cranking). It is still kind of cold here (low 40's today) and I don't have an idle air control valve hooked up to one of the aux outputs yet so I know that's likely a big part of the problem.

I have read through the stinger manual but I was hoping some stinger vets could have a look at my map and give me some feedback. I do want to take it to a dyno but haven't decided on what shop to take it to yet. Let me know what you think, thanks!

View attachment Copy of Feb 2-21-11 15 psi.txt

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Not running on a cold start could mean too much or too little fuel.

Happened to my 2JZ supra. It was dumping fuel cold but ran and started fine when it was warm. I have to call Microtech to get a base map and then street tune it since nobody around me tunes Microtech.

FIL

Jul 17, 2007
Thornlie
blog.highoctanephotos.com
Quick question.... Is anyone here running a standalone stinger with A/C hooked up? How did you do it? The A/C is normally controlled via the stock ECU, can you just run 12v from the A/C switch to the AC Amp and AC clutch?

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
FIL;1711630 said:
Quick question.... Is anyone here running a standalone stinger with A/C hooked up? How did you do it? The A/C is normally controlled via the stock ECU, can you just run 12v from the A/C switch to the AC Amp and AC clutch?

I myself am interested to know this information as well...