Soapra build thread!

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
:aigo: Engine is almost ready to go in and now something else happens! Water line for the rear turbo broke. I made the line with 300 degree line lock hose and added a fire sleve to it. I remember what happened to the originals so I made these better. Next step is -6 SS line! What can go wrong next? :runaway:

Tomorrow: running around buying parts to get the engine in and finish the 1.5 JZ! :runaway: Lots of pictures coming, im going to try to update the thread every few hours just to show progress on both cars! stay tuned!

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
I have been up for 19 hours. Im going back in to the shop in a two hours! The Supra has to be ready for Sat. Dunlop is going to need the Soapra for a drift exibition at HIN If you care to see it. Stop by on Friday at our booth for more info.

It's times Like these I want to start smoking again! Sorry for no pics, Time is ticking.

jdmk3_87t

Take it!
Apr 29, 2005
SoCaL
soapra said:
Dunlop is going to need the Soapra for a drift exibition at HIN If you care to see it. Stop by on Friday at our booth for more info.

It's times Like these I want to start smoking again! Sorry for no pics, Time is ticking.

Wow its finally time that soapra of yours got representation! Congrats Jose!

P.S. Don't smoke, its a self-destructive behavior and it leads to peripheral vascular disease and increased blood pressure! Hahah :naughty:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
MmmBoost said:
hey man, great job at HIN! i stopped by because my work gave me tickets, but i didnt even know you were gonna be there! Soapra lookin nice as usual!!!

I took video of the car in action. I'll upload sometime soon.

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
Thanks! Im glad one of us Supra fanatics got to see it in action. Ernie Fixmer was the driver for that event. I'm working on a deal with him right now and also with dunlop in the future! I will have Vids soon!

Nick Stonawski

Apr 2, 2005
Manhattan Beach
soapra said:
Sneek peek!

I had the shiety camera, Joe had the baller camera. This is the begining wile tires were cold.

ehhhhhh.... i have seen better driving/dirfting from u just "messing around". tell me this guy did something better. and wtf? why wernt YOU driving? ur one of the most experienced drivers of socal!!!! NOBODY has more hours of driving a mk3/1j then u on this entire forum!!!!!!!!!

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
SupraNick said:
ehhhhhh.... i have seen better driving/dirfting from u just "messing around". tell me this guy did something better. and wtf? why wernt YOU driving? ur one of the most experienced drivers of socal!!!! NOBODY has more hours of driving a mk3/1j then u on this entire forum!!!!!!!!!

Ernie's a top 10 D1 driver. That was the first minute of the run. It's ok. He saw potential in my car.

soapra

Supramania Contributor
Apr 6, 2005
VVTi'n, CA
www.kaizenmotorsport.com
Nick it was just an exhibition. My hands were itching to go out there!

I Have a new dyno sheet.

I dynoed at bisi's on Thursday. Changes from the last dyno was, no more blown engine! The last dyno the engine was low on compression and made 391 at 23 PSI. I knew it was blown so I wanted to see what it can make on 5 cylinders. I also changed the IC to the GT-R style IC. Best IC core IMHO. New numbers are 433 RWHP with 435 Ft. lbs of torque, with only 19 PSI of boost. The New (used) engine made the car feel like new again! The car is a blast to drive now! Two years ago at SILV the car ran a 14.01. I blew a diff and and came back to try it again and I walked out of the whole at 1200 rpm to be able to drive home and get that time. This year I couldn't make it but I will go to a track this month to see what the Supra can do!

Here is the dyno sheet.

Red line is new engine, blue is old engine

p780996_1.jpg

Red line is new boost, blue is old engine boost

p780996_2.jpg

Time for cams and cam gears and bigger injectors, the 440's are maxed out! :cry:

Mods:
HKS twins
440 cc injectors
ProfecB 2 boost controller( I dont like it)
GT-R IC
AFC Neo
Sard ECU
Stock unopened head and block, unknown milage.