Project Clean 89

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
The motor is still sitting where you see it attached to the tranny. I gotta figure out how to remove the clutch fork so I can separate the motor from the tranny. What parts I don't need I'm selling. But I don't know what I don't need right now. Won't know until the motor goes in. Trevor, I doubt I'll need anything. I'll be picking up a spare 7MGE for parts.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
Un bolt pressure plate to get trans away from engine. Should just pull away tho. Fork should pull right out

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
basically pull trans bolts and pull apart.. The shifter fork is held in by a spring. But that's optional. Just bolts and pull. It might be a bitch but yank and it should slip loose

Vacationtime247

Apr 17, 2009
Muncie, IN
Got a pressure washer? If not, load it up in the back of your truck and head to the local car wash. Even if you do have a pressure washer, all that grit and grime is better left at the car wash instead of your drive. Car wash cleaning seems to work real well for engine / trannys.
VT247

honestabe;1320609 said:
The motor and tranny are separated, just had to do a little prying. Tomorrow comes degreasing.

Vacationtime247

Apr 17, 2009
Muncie, IN
:aigo: I tried that once with degreaser and shop towels, my fingers were numb for a couple days after. OUCH! :cry: Might try a drill with a wire wheel on the end. Pull it next to an area you can hang a trash bag on so the debris doesn't go everywhere. :icon_bigg
VT247

honestabe;1320689 said:
I don't have a pressure washer nor a truck. I'll degrease the hard way, with lots of disposable shop towels (the blue ones that are made by Scott).