Project Clean 89

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
I'm having a hard enough time just finding a 89+ hardtop shell locally let alone for $90!!! And I'v been looking for a year and a half:cry:

Nice Find, Ill be watching this restore

kingofyo1

Oct 22, 2008
mountain home ID
mr man's cleaning out womans car :p gj adam, looks like shes coming along nicely, and hopefully ill be doing my finish up of build soon, got a jdm head yesterday, along with the 2core alum radiator adn a gasket set and some arp headstuds

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Nate, I'm sticking with the pre-89 tail lights on the 87, although I will be converting the trim to 89+ (picking up a set at Centralia). As for the engine bay I bought a bottle of degreaser that I'm going to see how well it works. If that doesn't work as well as I would like I'll have to track down a pressure washer I can borrow since I don't know anyone that has one.

Drew, glad to hear you're getting your Supra together.

kingofyo1

Oct 22, 2008
mountain home ID
dude ive been trying my ass off, cost me 50 bucks for that mafchine place to tell me that none of those heads are good... so i got a diff one lol, and that set of headstuds should help and i can torque to 80 lb ft to make sure the damn thing doesnt bhg on me

yung2ner

3E5 LOVER
Wow that's one hell of a find! Totally jealous of ur daughter getting to drive that!! ALTOUGH I'm on my second Super Red Turbo 5 spd supra.... AND turn 18 next year :evil2: Grocery store baby! I have so much respect for putting time and money in Supras! And it's good it's N/A! Less problems :icon_razz GL with your build! With your experience I'm sure you'll have it dang near perfect!!

Nik
3E5 Turbo Targa 5spd

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Nik, It will be for fiance, not daughter. I don't even have any kids and if I did they would be in grade school still. I'm only 23.

Picked up a stock exhaust from Randy at BIC perfromance. Damn border patrol searching my car coming into Canada again. Last night my friend Kyle and I pulled the motor and tranny. Gave up trying to pull the motor by itself. As we pulled the pair the tranny spilled all the oil inside. That was a fun mess to clean up. Got lots of cleaning to do with the degreaser.

Last edited:

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
kotu, yes engine bay and under carriage and parts clean-up is next. But I have homework to do so that's all on Cat for now. Next weekend I'm picking up a pair of motors, one for parts and the other that will be going into Cat's Supra. That motor has to have a spun bearing fixed. I'll also be picking up the exhaust manifold and down pipe.

Couple more pics of the engine bay

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Look again, it is a 4 point stand. Oh yeah, before I get rid of this bad engine block (since I highly doubt anybody will want it) I'll be stripping the entire engine of all nuts and bolts to add to my collection of hardware since it comes in handy.