Project Clean 89

honestabe

Happy as hell :D
Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Yes, I now have 2 Supra's as some of you know. I picked this up yesterday for $90. It's been sitting for 5 years or so with a BHG. The 7MGE is torn apart, this is how I got it. I will be swapping in a fresh 7MGE shortly and putting it back on the road. My dad will be driving it for the next year or so, and then I'll be taking it back and swapping in a 1J and a R154 and giving it to Cat. Today I cleaned out everything from the interior and gave the car a bath (took well over an hour, and I still need to re-wash it because the trim has a lot of crap that needs to be scrubbed out).

How I got it.

Home in the garage, the Camry forced to stay outside.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
A long hard bath pays off really well. Much better. In case anybody is wondering, the right rear white sawblade is off the car right now due to a screw in the tire. The wheel that's on there now is just a spare.

Next to Project Clean 87

The Tornado that was in the air intake

Fire Extinguiser???? This ain't no Fiero!

Ewww, rust! There was a small lake in the spare tire well. I had to take the hose to it to rinse it out and then wiped out some of the rust with some shop towels. Also some other nasty stuff and other something interesting that was in the car (along with the other pile of trash, including new trash bags).

What's left of the muffler

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
wow you got that thing REALLY cleaned up. looks like you got lucky with the rust on the rear fender wells though.
for $90 that is a bargain and a half, i commend you on bringing another Supra back to life.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
I forgot to mention, it has Tokico blues :D Thanks for the compliment kotu100. I knew the paint was pretty good, all it needed was a good hour of hard scrubbing to make it nice. Once I rewash it again I'll be giving it a good wax job since the paint seems to have no more clear left.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
i'll tell ya, these $100 supras are the best ones there are. :love: thats what i paid for mine.
lemme know if you need any misc interior switches i have a couple parts cars here.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
mine didnt have a motor, tranny or front seats, but the rest was mint. wish i'd have gotten half a motor too lol

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
If it makes you feel better kotu half my motor is sitting on 2 shelves, engine wiring harness included. Yeah, there was no way I could have passed up this Supra. Funny thing is that several other Supra owners looked at it too, including Vladi on SF. He thought it was too much work. It really doesn't need all that much, I think.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
LOL, don't be a hater, can't blame the playa. Surf Craigslist and you will probably get a deal this good too. BTW, it's Cat's Supra. I just happen to be doing all the work to it, paying for everything it needs, and registering it in my name.

Vacationtime247

Apr 17, 2009
Muncie, IN
That's pretty much what the inside of that gas tank will look like too. Nice find though. I'm jelous. Thought $600 was good for a project, but $90!?! WoW!
VT247

honestabe;1310187 said:
Ewww, rust! There was a small lake in the spare tire well. I had to take the hose to it to rinse it out and then wiped out some of the rust with some shop towels. Also some other nasty stuff and other something interesting that was in the car (along with the other pile of trash, including new trash bags).

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Kristel, it is Cat's Supra. I'm just doing all the work to it. She doesn't have her license yet so I have to register it in my name.

VT247, I'm afraid of the gas tank. I gotta figure out how to drain it. IIRC there is a drain plug in the bottom of the tank. I'm telling ya'll, craigslist is an awesome place to find killer deals.

honestabe

Jan 15, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA, USA
www.cardomain.com
Well Cat and I got dirty today working on her Supra. We pulled all the wheels off, vacuumed the entire interior/engine bay/cowl area (took the cowl and screens off)/bottom of the Supra/wheel wells. There was straw wrapped around the rear axles, I think somebody took the Supra through a field. We also drained the oil pan which was full of water/oil/sludge. Got a nice surprise when I crawled underneath, a under engine tray. The battery tray is pretty much destroyed by rust :(. I'm going to have to grind away a lot of rust and do what I can to stop the cancer from spreading.

The spare engine wiring harness that was in the trunk