Project Cherry Widebody - Pics and overview thread

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
queenskid926;1313803 said:
i wanna kno the power plans for this car, The car looks amazin, but now u have the task of making it as fast as it looks. whats done to it so far and what are your future goals?

I just installed a turbo that is capable of over 600hp. I'll shoot for around 400-450 for now, and do a built engine later to go for 600+. Next week I will tune it, dyno it, and install my big brake kit, and I'm mostly set for the summer. I still plan to upgrade my HID headlights and paint the engine bay, but will do later on.

88-7MGTE;1294643 said:
Sorry but all i see is finished product i don't see the rough cut, i mean the work on the car.
I don't see where this would help me build my wide body, can we get some details ?on the build
Here's the original build thread: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29531

closetnerd

35% Biotic
Feb 15, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
tekdeus;1313960 said:
I just installed a turbo that is capable of over 600hp. I'll shoot for around 400-450 for now, and do a built engine later to go for 600+. Next week I will tune it, dyno it, and install my big brake kit, and I'm mostly set for the summer. I still plan to upgrade my HID headlights and paint the engine bay, but will do later on.

Here's the original build thread: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29531

Originally noticed you on youtube. I envy you. Keep it clean! Keep it coming!

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
At a local night meet, there was a pro photographer going around taking pics of some cars. He had a couple of guys holding remote flashes in each hand and took several fast pics in a row like a strobe light, while the guys moved the flashes around to get different effects. Here's a pic I found after the meet:
pcw meet.jpg

Pics from the Centralia meet:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

brakes%20060.jpg

brakes%20059.jpg

brakes%20055.jpg

Last edited:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Very nice. I' would like some paint details please. You mentioned it was a candy paint. What base color was laid underneath it. What kind of clear, and how many coats was applied? What grit do you end up color sanding it to? Which compounds, glazes, polishers were used when buffed out? And, which buffing pads? Thats all... thank you.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
Suprapowaz!(2);1373829 said:
Very nice. I' would like some paint details please. You mentioned it was a candy paint. What base color was laid underneath it. What kind of clear, and how many coats was applied? What grit do you end up color sanding it to? Which compounds, glazes, polishers were used when buffed out? And, which buffing pads? Thats all... thank you.
Not sure, you'd have to ask my painter for all these details. www.autoimage.ca

I just chose a color, and donated a kidney for payment :biglaugh:

A couple of pics at the track at the Pac NW 2009 meet: Duane's rear wheels don't look too bad considering the wrong offset for my car.

Drags@PNW 099.jpg

Drags@PNW 108.jpg

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
IJ.;1375604 said:
Dwight's wheels looks so small and cute Brad ;)

They are one size smaller than what he runs...:3d_frown: The do hook better that his though, so, your welcome Brad for getting you to run 12's. :biglaugh: