oldskool-nick's Official Build Thread

levi1717

May 27, 2006
Corinth, Maine
Where did you find your rx7 oil cooler just a junk yard? what year was it from? also was it hard to mount?

sorry for all the questions........one more how much power are you looking to make?

great build

-Levi

levi1717 said:
Where did you find your rx7 oil cooler just a junk yard? what year was it from? also was it hard to mount?

sorry for all the questions........one more how much power are you looking to make?

I got the RX7 oil cooler from ebay, I think it was from a '93, but I don't really remember. As far as mounting it, it's not that easy since the cooler is so large. I made brackets that I had to notch to fit around the I/C and then I welded supports on the brackets for strength. I wouldn't reccomend it if you are planning on running a large aftermarket intercooler, because it probably won't fit.

I'm hoping for around 350rwhp, but with proper tuning I think that 400 is possibile

jester1341

topless and blown
Mar 30, 2005
Western Maryland
i have all the confadence in the world that nick will be pushing upwards of 90,ooo WHP at around 12 pounds and once that flux capac.....aahhh i'm messin with you ;)

can't wait!!

john

aye mate said:
I have an inkling that this car is running...

Yup, it is! I havn't been updating this thread like I should, but here are the most recent pics I have:

MAFT-Pro installation:

I made a metal plate for the MAP sensor and boost solenoid:
IMG_1032.JPG

IMG_1035.JPG

My IAT sensor:
IMG_1036.JPG

Beginning the wiring:
IMG_1038.JPG

Completed wiring: (It's in the glovebox now)
IMG_1041.JPG

IMG_1042.JPG

I've had a couple pretty bad leaks to battle, but overall the car runs pretty good. Right now I'm trying to fix the coolant leak from hell (dripping down the back of the engine onto the transmission) but it really hasn't been too bad.

Also, if anyone is thinking about buying the MAFT-Pro from Dr. Jonez, do it.